iPhone 5c Unlock Question

Discussion in 'iPhone Unlock' started by EverythingApple, Aug 31, 2016.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I forgot to have AT&T unlock a iPhone 5c before replacing it with another phone. Is there any way to do it now? Do I have to buy an unlock or will AT&T do it even though it's not in the system anymore?

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

3. EverythingApple

Gold

Reached out to macrumors and someone there gave me the link. But I am on the phone now with AT&T because it is saying that I did not make all the payments. I paid off the phone over a year ago.

4. EverythingApple

Gold

After two separate calls to AT&T, they were able to send my EMEI for unlock. It is now unlocked.

So I listed it on Craigslist for $150. I have several $100 offers and one $120 offer. Is it too low?

5. Kratos

Kratos New Member

So, a simple call did the trick right? You are the original owner, so it was enough for them?
    By the way, some friends of mine had a similar exprerience with the "Unpaid Bills" issue. Thankfully, they had all the proof for all their payments and they agreed on unlocking their devices. It looks like they are told to first say the "Unpaid Bills" excuse, maybe it is their policy they were just unlucky and connected to the same weird guy.

6. EverythingApple

Gold

Yes several calls and speaking to a supervisor had cleared it. I was the original owner, but not anymore as I have already sold it. :D