iPhone 5C vs. iPhone 5 LTE Comparison

Discussion in 'iPhone 5C' started by EverythingApple, Sep 23, 2013.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

On the iPhone 5C info page on Apple, they say, "Ultrafast LTE Wireless, More LTE coverage than ever before, iPhone 5c has up to 13 LTE bands. That’s more than any other single model of smartphone. Which means even more iPhone users can experience fast download and upload speeds in more places around the world. Meanwhile, the number of LTE carriers supported by iPhone worldwide continues to grow. So when you’re traveling, you can take advantage of ultrafast LTE networks in more places.2"

How does this compare to the iPhone 5? Does it have more or the same LTE bands as the iPhone 5? Anyone? @Europa, @chris, @Napoleon PhoneApart ?

2. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Explained better here:

"The 5S and the 5C are compatible with more 4G LTE frequency bands up to 13, instead of a maximum five before. That means the phone is more likely to work with higher speeds wherever you go. However, there are more than 40 cellular bands worldwide, the bulk for LTE, so a version bought in one country might not work for high speeds everywhere around the world. If that happens, you'll need to use the slower 3G and GSM networks."

And, here:

"The 5c also supports a full set of LTE frequency bands, while the iPhone 5 has limited LTE support."

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I plan on conducting some real world tests of the iPhone 5 vs iPhone 5c vs iPhone 5s using LTE in my area. More is always better. Does it impact speeds? I'm interested to find out.

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Looking forward to the review!

5. Miz.Michele

Miz.Michele Member
    Bronze

I am getting some good LTE speeds on a 5C T-Mobile. With 5 bars of service I am averaging 32 up and 23 down. In 3 bar areas 10-14 down 6-8 up. The wifi is terrific - 73 up and 65 down. Very occasionally the phone is on 4G but I have not run any speed tests on that so overall I am pleased.

6. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

7. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

Has Apple decided to do away with the 5C?

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No. The 5c is still available. Apple hasn't announced that it will be discontinued.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List