iPhone 5s 7.0.4 JB...need new phone HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by ironlungakc, May 10, 2014.

1. ironlungakc

ironlungakc Member
    Bronze

Hi,
    I have an iPhone 5s 7.0.4 JB.
    screen cracked so I want to use my Applecare to get a new phone. If I do get a new phone, can I restore from backup and stay at 7.0.4 so I can JB or will it automatically make me put the latest software (7.1?) on the phone.
    Thanks

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

If your new iPhone comes with 7.1 or later, you're out of luck. A 7.0.6 backup won't matter.

If your new 5s comes with 7.0.6 or earlier, you're golden. Just use evasi0n to jailbreak and restore your 7.0.4 backup.

3. ironlungakc

ironlungakc Member
    Bronze

I realize this. I guess my question is if I get a new phone now, will it come with 7.1?

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

There's no way to be sure. It could all come down to whether or not your local Apple store does a brisk businesss with quick product turnover. I've heard of folks getting 7.0.4 just a few days ago, but you could very well end up with 7.1. Just make sure you tell the Genius (or whoever) that you prefer to update the new iPhone yourself. At any rate, your new iPhone will not automatically update. Good luck!

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

When you call to make your appointment, ask if that store is doing on-the-spot screen replacements. Many of them do. If they are, take your phone to Apple while it is jailbroken. You have a good chance of them overlooking the jailbreak.

6. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Had my screen replaced in Apple store. Did not lose my jailbreak....