iPhone 5s activation problems with AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Irishmac, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Irishmac

Irishmac New Member

A friend of mine tried activating his new iPhone 5s on AT&T today. He was unsuccessful and it apparently "bricked" his old iPhone 5. Has anyone had a similar experience? My new iPhone 5s should be delivered tomorrow and as I am on AT&T, I 'm a little nervous.

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No. I doubt the unsuccessful activation had anything to do with what happened to his 5. The old phone switches to No Service when the sim is deactivated. Nothing else happens. There's no need to worry about it.

3. Irishmac

Irishmac New Member

I thought that was the case regarding his old iPhone 5. I'm still a little concerned about activating my new iPhone 5s on AT&T tomorrow. The Apple support forum shows that a few people have had activation issues with their iPhone 5s on AT&T. I'll just hope for the best tomorrow.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The activation might take several tries, but it's not going to hurt anything. You just have to keep trying if their servers are overloaded. It took me about 10 tries (10 minutes maybe) before mine activated on Friday.

5. Irishmac

Irishmac New Member

Thanks Europa. I'll keep that in mind. I also relayed your comments to my friend.

Sent using iCafe app

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You're welcome. Has your friend tried to restore the iPhone 5? We can try to help with it if you want to post the details.

7. Irishmac

Irishmac New Member

He appears to be off-line. He is a fellow teacher at my school, so I will discuss this with him tomorrow. Hopefully, he will be successful in activating his 5s by then.

Sent using iCafe app

8. Irishmac

Irishmac New Member

Just an update. My friend was able to activate his phone. My 5s came the next day and the activation was accomplished in minutes. I am now having fun with my new 32GB Gold iPhone 5s.

Sent using iCafe app

9. Irishmac

Irishmac New Member

My friend succeeded in activating his 5s. My phone arrived yesterday and was activated in minutes. I am quite enjoying my gold 32 GB iPhone 5s.

Sent using iCafe app

10. Irishmac

Irishmac New Member

Sorry about the double post. I didn't know if it went through the first time.

Sent using iCafe app

11. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I have AT&T and no problems activated at home.
    Now anytime you are in doubt I would just walk in to AT&T and have them handle it.
    I switch phones around quiet often and usually the issue I have is my tether or Bluetooth tether is gone and I found calling 611 is a hassle compare to just drop by the store.

12. jaysukh patel

jaysukh patel New Member

Go on your AT&T mobile official site,

Submit your problem on request form with valid details.

i hope, You got...