iPhone 5s bugs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Al Vila

Bronze
Sep 13, 2010
Is anyone have there phone reset? It seems when I use pages or numbers , the phone restarts? I did some reboots already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Last edited by a moderator:

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
I would delete then reinstall them after a reboot.

Al Vila

Bronze
Sep 13, 2010
a9ynesap.jpg

This is what happens, just found an article about it

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
Post a link instead a screen pic for it looks like a dell monitor so at worst it's a Mac issue not an iPhone issue.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
The flashlight does not turn off when you click the sleep/wake button, only when you click the flashlight again. This most likely isn't a bug, just not sure why not use a simple method call to "resignFirstResponder" in the code to fix that.

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011
The flashlight does not turn off when you click the sleep/wake button, only when you click the flashlight again. This most likely isn't a bug, just not sure why not use a simple method call to "resignFirstResponder" in the code to fix that.
This is because it's not an app it's a switch like turning wifi on or off.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Yes of course, but why not tie that piece of code to the sleep/wake switch.
Just hypothesizing here, but say you really need to use your phone as a flashlight in an emergency. Being able to put the display to sleep while still using the flashlight would conserve the battery and allow the flash to function longer that it could with the display running too. A long shot to be sure, but possibly very handy. Also, this is not specific to the iPhone 5S, it's common to the other iPhones with the flash feature.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Just hypothesizing here, but say you really need to use your phone as a flashlight in an emergency. Being able to put the display to sleep while still using the flashlight would conserve the battery and allow the flash to function longer that it could with the display running too. A long shot to be sure, but possibly very handy. Also, this is not specific to the iPhone 5S, it's common to the other iPhones with the flash feature.
Very plausible reasoning, that could be why indeed.

radtechy

Contributor
Bronze
Jul 20, 2011
Works for me.

I tired putting the phone to sleep with the flashlight on from using control center after unlocking the home screen and also from control center with the phone from the lock screen

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Nov 26, 2013
Dear Experts,
I am a new Apple product user. I am using 5s since it's launch. I've observed that I am redirected to the home screen in between of a running application. Eg: I am on iCafe, an suddenly I am directed to home screen. According to me this happens while I get some What's App notifications. But m not sure.

Please guide.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You can bypass the home screen when switching between apps if you use the task switcher. Double-tap the home button and select an app instead of single-tapping it.

Nov 26, 2013
Dear Europa,
Thank u for d details. I switch bw apps as specified by u. But my observed problem is that I am automatically redirected to the home screen while m using an app.
please see my example stated earlier.
Many tnx

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
It sounds like What's App alerts are causing the iCafe app to crash. You'll know for sure because it will have to fully load the app when you reopen it. I think there is a brief "hello" message when it opens.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Thank you 4 your feedback. I got your point. But I ve observed this while using other apps also (not only iCafe).
Rebooting daily can help decrease the frequency of app crashes. Deleting and reinstalling the app might also help. iOS 7 seems to cause Safari and other stock apps to crash occasionally. Contact the app developers if a third party app is crashing excessively and rebooting/reinstalling doesn't help.

Nov 26, 2013
Dear Friends,
I ve observed the below probs. in my new 5s:

1. My phone automatically directs to the home screen while using any app.
2. While on the silent mode, I can still hear the SMS ringtone sometimes.
3. I sometimes cannot hear the keyboard clicks, camera sound, lock sound etc.

I am using IOS 7.0.4
I ve tried to switch on/off my phone. It works sometimes.. but I feel.. there must be a bug or something.