iPhone 5s DOCK!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Great thread!

Uh, I'll try not to delete it this time. Promise. :(
No worries Naps! U did me a favor. The other one was sort of a nightmare. I made the thread while commuting to work and tried to fix it by deleting posts, but that didn't work.

So thanks and no problems!

i just want people here on the eiC to know that Apple has finally made a DOCK! WOOPIE!

I can't wait until they are available! Well, maybe I'm too excited!

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
I hate that it doesn't come with a cord. You have to pay $29 for the dock and then $19 just to use the dock. Unless you want to keep removing the one cord that comes with the phone from the power supply to sync with the computer.

I'm still frustrated that the 30-pin to lightning adapter is $29.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I am thrilled about this! I just realized the dock for the 5s was available on the Apple site and came over to post about it, but @Sharunda has beaten me to the punch!

I still need to purchase a separate cable to plug the dock to my iMac, correct? This one, correct? I still don't know why they don't package these two items in a single box for a single price! This is a rip-off just as it was a few years ago--some things never change.

I don't want to be cable-swapping constantly; the main reason for me to get this dock is to have a convenient place to charge my 5s while working on my computer, and using the included power cord somewhere else around the house.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I am thrilled about this! I just realized the dock for the 5s was available on the Apple site and came over to post about it, but @Sharunda has beaten me to the punch!

I still need to purchase a separate cable to plug the dock to my iMac, correct? This one, correct? I still don't know why they don't package these two items in a single box for a single price! This is a rip-off just as it was a few years ago--some things never change.

I don't want to be cable-swapping constantly; the main reason for me to get this dock is to have a convenient place to charge my 5s while working on my computer, and using the included power cord somewhere else around the house.
@Rafagon
Yes! I was thrilled when I saw this too! I currently have a gnarly set up with my lightning to 30 pin adapter and my iPhone 4/4s dock. It's just a nasty little set up and its not safe for the phone so I use it carefuly.

Yes, you can buy that 2m cable that will work fine. I don't mind buying them separately. It can get costly, but it depends on how you use the dock and cables. You can buy one dock and one extra cable but there are other lightning cables you can get from other companies that Apple approves of and they will work with the dock too and are cheaper and longer in some cases. I think Belkin has some and Incase also.

I have three iPhone 4/4s docks that I used to use all the time so a dock is paramount for me. I can't wait to get a few of these too.

I have three extra cables. I needed one to stay in my iMac. I got tired of taking that one in and out and taking it to work with me. I need one to take back and forth to work with me and I needed one to hook my phone up my bed. You can never have enough of those, so I'm good for pairing them with docks.

So I guess you're buying one of these as soon as you get your iPhone 5s then.