iPhone 5s locked

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by pserena, Nov 26, 2015.

1. pserena

pserena New Member

My son is using my old 5S. He had his fingerprint tied to it but forgot his password. It won't use his fingerprint ( I guess the device was turned off). His phone is linked to my Apple ID. Is there anyway I can recover this password without resetting his phone?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

3. pserena

pserena New Member

I know the Apple ID password. My son doesn't know the password to unlock his phone

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, erasure of the device is inevitable, at least according to Apple. You do, however, get six guesses, so use them wisely.

That Apple ID username and password may come in handy, but only after the device is erased.

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Sorry, you said password. I always associate that with the Apple ID. And passcode for unlocking the device. Rafagon is correct. If he can't recall the passcode, you'll have to restore. He will lose all his data. Photos, etc.

6. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

I joke with some that they can use this for their kids, but honestly maybe try enrolling your son's device on an MDM called Bushel: http://www.bushel.com/features

Check out the "Remote Unlock" feature, that'll save your butt next time. You can enroll up to 3 devices for free. It's kinda neat and I only learned about it recently myself.

Edit: Derp, and here I go pulling up old threads again...