iPhone 5s Memory

1. jalalawi

jalalawi Member Bronze

Is it true that starting from the new iPhone 5s the memory will starts from 32GB?

Sent using iCafe app

2. chris

chris Administrator Administrator

I have yet to see any information regarding storage capacities of the new iPhone 5s. It's certainly possible that the new entry-level $199 model would feature 32GB. Samsung's Galaxy S4 comes with 16GB, so there is no competitive pressure to offer more storage.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. jalalawi

jalalawi Member Bronze

But all Galaxy's competitive models have an external memory card slot.

Sent using iCafe app

5. chris

chris Administrator Administrator

Yes, but they give 16GB for $199, which is the same storage capacity as the iPhone 5. Why should Apple offer double the storage?

6. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius Gold

I don't know anything about the competitions capacity, but I am thinking that starting with 32GB is a good idea. Why not phase out 16GB especially if 32GB isn't going to start with a higher price point than $199. With the rumored new camera and the HD video people will need more storage for their pictures and video alone. As Apple got rid of the 8GB storage 16GB storage can go bye bye also. As the commercial says people take more pictures and video with Apple iPhones than any other phone available. Or something like that.

Just my 2Cents. I always go for the largest capacity I can afford and I always fill up my iPhone with little room to spare. In fact, currently I have just cleard space to allow me to have 7GB available out of my 64GB iPhone 5, so I'm looking forward to a 128GB capacity iPhone 5S. I know, I'm outta control.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. jalalawi

jalalawi Member Bronze

You are absolutely right and we wish that they introduce external memory card in their iPhone 6!

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  8. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor Bronze

Not everyone wants to start at 32 g I know in the UK that if you go for the 32g your paying out more to the networks plus with cloud storage getting better why not stick with a 16gb model I always go for the 16gb except on this ip5 I went 32gb and guess what I've still got over 10gb free.

Sent using iCafe app

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius Gold

I agree with you. Not everyone wants 32GB. I can just see Apple getting rid of 16GB eventually like they did the 8GB model. Choices are good. 16 32 64 128. Would they put out four choices? We shall see what they do give us. I'm interested in 128 but they may keep that on the back burner until the iPhone 6. However, with a 128GB iPad why not a 128GB iPhone 5S? Oh I'm so anxious to find out!

10. jalalawi

jalalawi Member Bronze

I am kindly requesting from all iCafe's members to appeal for minimum of 32GB memory starting from iPhone 6!

Sent using iCafe app

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. liberated

liberated Genius Gold

Ehhh...... Ok but it's not going to make a difference. I'd like more memory too by the way.

12. jalalawi

jalalawi Member Bronze

We will not lose anything if we tried and I think Apple will consider it as they will consider to increase the USB Cable size!

Sent using iCafe app

13. liberated

liberated Genius Gold

Ok you convinced me, you have my vote :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Napoleon PhoneApart Moderator Senior Moderator

I couldn't care less if the lowest tier comes with 32 or 16. I don't use all 32 now and I have a 64g which I bought last year because it was in stock at my local AT&T.

15. liberated

liberated Genius Gold

I guess we can count you out of the OP's petition? Darn it, this may not happen now :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. flightmedic

flightmedic Member Bronze

Everybody has different needs for storage.

I work in austere places with no access to cloud storage. So for me the higher the capacity the better.

If the technology is there I think its silly for a corporation (or anyone for that matter) to tell me what I need and to fit me into their cloud box.

Many times I will be without access to my laptop or cloud. Would be a boring 4 days without a large capacity device.

Your mileage may vary.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

17. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor Silver

Why would anyone not want 32GB if they offered it for the same price as the previous 16GB model? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. iP5

iP5 Evangelist Gold

What I'd appreciate is reasonable pricing for each 32GB increment, say $30 vs the current rip.

upload_2013-8-17_21-34-5.png

That said, would someone mind explaining to me why they even sell a 32GB iPod?

upload_2013-8-17_21-34-51.png

Update: The Apple website actually begins the 64GB at $299 then quickly alters it to $399. Firefox and IE updates with the change but Chrome holds the starting value. Anyone have a guess why it doesn't simply begin at $399 in the first place? There a sale coming up?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  19. flightmedic

flightmedic Member Bronze

Why would they not sell a 32GB iPod touch? Broader market = greater market share.

20. Europa

Europa Genius Senior Moderator

Not sure where you got that, but it's obviously a typo. This is from Apple.com:

image.jpg

21. iP5

iP5 Evangelist Gold

It was live at the time of posting from both the US and Canada Apple website. I've updated my post with an explanation.

Sent from my Nexus 4