iPhone 5S model number to be A1533?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Space Gray. It will be hard to resist a product with that color and name. Might have to rethink my plan to go gold. Or maybe upgrade both my iPhone and my wife's.

Lon

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 5, 2010
Alaska
Has anyone else noticed that Apple refers to its new device as the 5s, not the 5S. And the 5c, not 5C.

Sent Using iCafe App

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It is just a different stylization of the name, and only the name of the device... A stylization is a different way of writing something to make it look more catchy, or cool, ... you get the idea =)

From Wikipedia: "Stylized" may mean the adoption of any style in any context, and in American English is often used for the typographic style of names, as in "AT&T" is also stylized as "ATT" and "AT&T."

So, "iPhone 5S" is stylized as "iPhone 5s."

Here are some other examples:
  • Lady Gaga's upcoming album is legally named "Artpop", but stylized as "ARTPOP"
  • The band Nine Inch Nails' logo features a stylized version of their abbreviated name "NIN," to wit: Nine_Inch_Nails_logo.svg.png
  • The soft drink Tab is stylized as TaB

Last edited by a moderator:

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Space Gray is a contradiction in terms. Space is the area between bodies of matter, i.e., all sources of light, Therefore, space is actually black.

nujsimon

Apr 22, 2012
Quezon City, Philippines
New phone as 5s and not 5S so as not to be read as "55", as to 5c, just to be unifrom for new models :)

Sent using iCafe app on my iPad