iPhone 5s Questions and Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Qwerty97, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwerty97

Qwerty97 Member

I've watched many videos that show the iPhone getting unboxed. I saw its 2 pin plug. I bought a plug from iStyle and when i came home after 3 hrs i opened it and its 3 pin plug! I feel cheated?
    Even when i bought the phone the box wasn't to top class looking plastic cover some scratches too...

2. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

What plug are you talking about?

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I think he's referring to the charging wall plug. I couldn't find one on iStyle today.

4. Qwerty97

Qwerty97 Member

I WENT TO APPLE WEBSITE TO CHECK WARRANTY IT SAYS INVALID.

5. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Threads merged and title clarified. Please only start one thread per topic.

Yes, it sounds like you purchased a fake iPhone. Valid iPhone serials have the warranty information listed on Apple's website.

7. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

That's awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Qwerty97

Qwerty97 Member

Sorry about last thread i forgot my account info, i though it was saved....anyways...again...
    I went to Apple Shop the name was iStyle (Premium reseller) and after i came home i opened it and its 3 pin plugging charge not 2 pin ive seen couple of vids about unboxing and it 2 pin , am i cheated?or is it like that for the middle east?and why would it be like that for the middle east who know if they took about some valubale parts out of it?

2nd question i haven't been able to use the phone yet due to microsim missing going to buy it....soi wne to Apple website to check warranty and it gave me this read upload please i hid the serial number on purpose...

so am i cheated with the warranty or seomthign or i bought fake?

Attached Files:

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Threads merged - again. Do not start more than one thread per subject.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That is not what you initially said. You said it said it was "invalid." Invalid indicates a fake. This screenshot indicates that it isn't activated. It sounds like this iPhone is locked to another carrier. You can't activate it and use the phone unless you get it unlocked. I don't know the unlocking laws for your country. Contact your carrier and see if they can unlock it. Did iStyle sell it to you as an unlocked or a locked phone? Maybe you can return it to them if it's locked.

11. Qwerty97

Qwerty97 Member

Im not sure...when i started the phone it said cannot procced without a sim card, whats the difference if its locked or unlocked

12. Qwerty97

Qwerty97 Member

ofc i went through some steps then i reached this point where you need to insert a sim, and also im sorrry about the misleading title can you change it im not sure if its invalid , i sent a screen sot of the warranty thing does it look legit?

13. Qwerty97

Qwerty97 Member

Maybe its not activated due to simcard? and recarding what you said Euro Contact your carrier and see if they can unlock it. .... does it mean i have to go travel 3hrs to that shop again?

Thank You.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A SIM card holds your carrier information. Without the SIM card the phone cannot make or receive phone calls, messages and data (except what can be done on WiFi). You should have a SIM card in your current phone. You may have to cut it down to size with scissors if it's a micro or standard-sized SIM since the 5s uses a nano SIM. In addition to that, the SIM card has to be for the carrier the phone is locked to if the phone is locked. A locked phone is one that can only be used on the carrier it is tied to. An unlocked phone can activated and used with any active worldwide GSM SIM card.

15. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do you have a SIM card for your current phone or is this your first cell phone?

16. Qwerty97

Qwerty97 Member

this is my first phone ever...for my birthday actually on 21st gona be 17 :D

17. Qwerty97

Qwerty97 Member

Just now i switched on the phone to check again before posting it says enter a a vaild Sim to activate the phone?what does it mean to activate it?unlock?

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Activating it allows Apple to see who your carrier is and ensure that you have a valid service plan. You can't use it for anything until you activate it. I still don't know if it's locked or unlocked or if it's tied to your carrier, so I can't answer definitively until I know that. Assuming this phone will work with your carrier, all you need to do is get a SIM card from your carrier.

19. Qwerty97

Qwerty97 Member

Aight im getting a Sim Card but from carrier lol...
    Just any sim will work.....aight ill be back after getting my sim today or 2moro stay in touch

20. Qwerty97

Qwerty97 Member

and the phone doesn't look gold too only wen its in the box the side looks shining gold but when i pick it up looks more of dull brown......fake?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.