iPhone 5s randomly reboots

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by beautifulliar, Nov 12, 2013.

1. beautifulliar

beautifulliar Member
    Bronze

Is anyone else having reboot issues on their 5s? My iPhone 5s reboots randomly almost daily, sometimes a few times a day. Would this justify a replacement? I thought it might, but then I googled the problem and found that lots of iPhone 5s users are experiencing random reboots:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2455378/iphone-5s-crashing-TWICE-users-face-random-rebooting.html

I've had the blue screen of death twice now. So, what should I do? Is this most likely a problem that Apple will fix later on via an iOS update? Or should I take it in to see if they can have it replaced? There's no point in getting it replaced if its an iPhone 5s problem, and not a problem that's specific to my iPhone.

What should I do? Should I just wait to see if Apple fixes the problem? Or take it to an Apple store to see what they tell me?

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The blue screen error is due to iWorks. Update to 7.0.3 if you haven't already.

I've had a couple of resprings on my 5s. I know they are not reboots because the fingerprint scanner works afterwards and a passcode is required after reboots.

These are software-related problems, not hardware. You definitely don't need to take it to Apple. Reset all settings if updating doesn't help. Restore if the problems don't resolve after resetting all settings.

Apple is still working out all the bugs in 7.x, so you might have occasional app crashes or other very minor problems.