iPhone 5S Rumors

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
And here come the rumors of the iPhone 5s. You knew it had to happen. Be prepared for a steady stream of news (and I use that word loosely) regarding the iPhone 5s.

Last edited:

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
For the first time for me I'll be skipping a 5S, I really want to enjoy a Jailbroken iPhone 5 for more than a few months this time.

Sent using iCafe app

NHL Fever

Bronze
Mar 15, 2010
Assuming JB comes for the 5 sometime in the near future, will probably be a long time before I upgrade to anything further. I suspect jailbreak releases will largely determine my future purchase of iPhones.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Assuming JB comes for the 5 sometime in the near future, will probably be a long time before I upgrade to anything further. I suspect jailbreak releases will largely determine my future purchase of iPhones.
That's exactly where I'm at, I've always upgraded to newer models, but this game Apple is playing with the stingy incremental updates its getting old.

Sent using iCafe app

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
If it's an "S" this time around, Apple is going to be in bad shape this year. Samsung and HTC have some amazing handsets. If I stick with Apple it will be because of the IOS. Not the iPhone. Now if the handset is finally brought in line with other offerings then it'll be a no-brainer. I'll stick with the iPhone without hesitation.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
If it's an "S" this time around, Apple is going to be in bad shape this year. Samsung and HTC have some amazing handsets. If I stick with Apple it will be because of the IOS. Not the iPhone. Now if the handset is finally brought in line with other offerings then it'll be a no-brainer. I'll stick with the iPhone without hesitation.
That's pretty much why I go with the iPhone - the software and OS. As a phone, it's not very good. Also, I'm tired of wifi dropping and various Bluetooth issues. That's a big reason I'm skipping the 5S this time around, if there is one.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
Exactly, Napoleon. I'm so heavily invested in the iOS apps-wise after having iPhones since '07 that it truly would be a huge deal to switch to Android at this point. Plus the integration with my home audio-visual setup at this point also is a huge deal. I have Apple TVs on all my sets plus I run my housewide audio off off iTunes. Oh and now Philipps Hue lights. So I'm sort of a slave to Apple at this point just based on my home automation. Big dollars to switch to Android now for me.

Link182kidd

Bronze
Jul 3, 2011
Forget anything with an S on the end.
I refuse to pay for something that is slightly faster or has a slight improvement. I prefer to go in yearly jumps and gain a new design.

Sent using iPhone 5.