iPhone 5S - Shelves Wallpaper Problem

Matt Reid

Bronze
Jun 12, 2014
I have an app called skins/iTheme and when I download the shelves wallpaper it always seems to bee off even when I toggle with reduce motion. Though reduce motions makes it look abit better the icons don't rest on them perfectly.

Reduce motion off
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1405876088.690353.jpg

Reduce motion on
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1405876114.907888.jpg

^ this looks like it's perfect first glance but if you look at the bottom shelf you can see it's not. Is this just the image uploaders error or is there anything I can do to fix? It's not a major problem I just like my home screen looking it's best. It is like this with all the shelf wallpapers on the itheme app.

~Hartly

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Parallax-ready wallpapers are larger than non-parallax. You could resize it in Photoshop. It might take some trial and error since you need the shelves to line up.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I have an app called skins/iTheme and when I download the shelves wallpaper it always seems to bee off even when I toggle with reduce motion. Though reduce motions makes it look abit better the icons don't rest on them perfectly.

Reduce motion off
View attachment 37402

Reduce motion on
View attachment 37403

^ this looks like it's perfect first glance but if you look at the bottom shelf you can see it's not. Is this just the image uploaders error or is there anything I can do to fix? It's not a major problem I just like my home screen looking it's best. It is like this with all the shelf wallpapers on the itheme app.

~Hartly
If you can't get it right, post the wallpaper here and I'll try.

Matt Reid

Bronze
Jun 12, 2014
So parallax is with reduce motion off?

It randomly seemed to work when I switched wallpaper and then switched back, reduce motion is off ..weird
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1405900837.891883.jpg

~Hartly

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Reduce motion off
View attachment 37402

Reduce motion on
View attachment 37403

~Hartly
I just installed the app to test it. The first one you posted is designed for an iPhone 4S with only four rows, so it isn't going to look right. The second one you posted can be made to look better if you just slightly expand the wallpaper with both thumbs before setting hitting the set button. Here's what it looks like on my phone after doing that:
image.jpg

In my opinion, it looks nicer and cleaner if you ditch the shelves.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Reid

Bronze
Jun 12, 2014
Thanks Europa.

By the way is your iPhone jailbroken?
My device is not jailbroken so I cannot remove the app labels

~Hartly

Last edited:

Matt Reid

Bronze
Jun 12, 2014
Is this a tathered or untethered jailbreak?

~Hartly