iPhone 5s sound when shaking

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
Don't shake it! That will immediately solve your problem. :p lol
When I shake my iPhone 5s (not with any force), there is a noticeable sound, almost as if something is loose inside. I'm not sure if it's normal, since I've only got one iPhone 5s on hand. Is anyone else experiencing the same? It's definitely coming from in or around the home button.

I compared to the iPhone 5 and iPhone 5c, both pin quiet when shaking.

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited by a moderator:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
My new iPhone 5s also rattles. It's not the camera assembly. It's actually the sleep/wake button. If you hold it while shaking, there is no sound.

Mthoroughbred

Zealot
Silver
Dec 16, 2008
My new iPhone 5s also rattles. It's not the camera assembly. It's actually the sleep/wake button. If you hold it while shaking, there is no sound.
I just tried shaking mine and yes you might be right as I shake it I hear faint rattle and when I place my finger on the home button and shake it I don't hear it any more.

Sent using iCafe app

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I just tried shaking mine and yes you might be right as I shake it I hear faint rattle and when I place my finger on the home button and shake it I don't hear it any more.
Sent using iCafe app
As you posted earlier, Don't shake it then. LOL

Prozium12

Contributor
Bronze
Jan 22, 2012
Uk,Manchester
We have this every time an iPhone is released. Like he said why Shake it....

Sent using iCafe app

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
We have this every time an iPhone is released. Like he said why Shake it....

Sent using iCafe app
Shake to undo typing while composing a text, that's just one reason.

bikerboy

Bronze
Jun 20, 2009
Ohio, USA
Mine does have a rattle sound when shaking and holding it in an up right position, if I flip it up side down and shake it doesn't rattle anymore , phone is working fine so I am not going to send it back it's enough I waited a month for it to arrive to Jordan lol, back to the iPhone but keeping my note2 as well.

Sent using iCafe app

denzel1989

Bronze
Oct 12, 2013
I got a bit of a sound when I shakes my phone but I got no problems with it.

Lexie04

Apr 27, 2014
I also have the same problem, when i had my iPhone 5 and now my mom gave me a new iPhone 5s but it still has the irritating clicking sound when i shake it do need to bring this to any mac store to be checked ? Is this a big problem ?

Attachments

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Stop shaking your phones, people.

"Doc, it hurts when I do this."

"Then don't do that." :D

The point is, the area near the camera has parts that may rattle when shaken. This is normal.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I also have the same problem, when I had my iPhone 5 and now my mom gave me a new iPhone 5s but it still has the irritating clicking sound when I shake it do need to bring this to any mac store to be checked ? Is this a big problem ?
Sometimes it's just one of the buttons that rattles. It's perfectly fine as they have some play. There are also some moving parts inside iPhones, mainly some of the camera components. The bottom line is rattling is nothing to be concerned about as long as the phone is functioning normally. My 4S had a normal rattle and it worked great the entire year and a half that I owned it. I've shaken an iPhone that had loose parts that should not be loose. There was a world of difference between it and normal rattling. It felt like something heavy was moving around inside. It did that for a few days and shut itself off a lot and then it would not boot at all.