iPhone 5S SPRINT

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by lowram00, Oct 31, 2013.

1. lowram00

lowram00 Member
    Bronze

so I'm thinking about getting my niece a iPhone 5s but was thinking about putting her on sprint for it anyone have any good and bad story's about sprint i live in memphis TN but just wanting hear who use them.

2. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I think you'll get mixed reviews on Sprint and also T-Mobile, simply because they don't have the coverage as most carriers. In some ways, it might be a bit unfair, since there are plenty of happy users. I used Sprint years ago and it was awesome. I was a big fan and this was pre-iphone. The only time I've used Sprint since then was when they had the Palm Pre exclusive. It was awful, mostly due to the lack of coverage in my home. Outside and around town, perfectly fine.

Typically, I'd recommend checking maps and then seeing how it fares during your 14 day return period. Since this is a gift, that makes for a tricky situation.

Do you have any friends or family using Sprint? They would be your best bet for real-world feedback. If you do decide to get one for your niece, ask her to be up front about coverage. Sprint has some great plans, but you could always move her to T-Mobile. Again, I'm not familiar with coverage areas, so would start with the maps.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The problem with Sprint is that their LTE network is still fairly limited and their 3G network is so slow. They are able to offer unlimited data as a result of their 3G network being so slow. If network speeds aren't a concern or if LTE is available, it's a great way to save a little money as their plans are a little cheaper than AT&T and Verizon.

4. Muckcityjustin

Gold

I have to chime in here. I am on the sprint network but I may be a little lucky. I am in an area with great sprint LTE coverage. I have it all over philly and now even in south jersey where my businesss is. I rarely see 3g anymore when I am out and about. Sprint customer service has also been amazing with the 3 years I've been on them. I switched because of the unlimited data deal and at first I was a little upset when I switched because the 3g service was a little slow. But I have to say they have been cranking out LTE across the country at a pretty rapid pace it seems. Within 1 year almost my entire region was covered with it. So I'd say just check your coverage maps and see how close you are to LTE and go from that.

5. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

like few here have said check you coverage. i was on sprint then moved to att due to not having lte. but i have to admit that their voice is a bit better than att. if your not going to watch streaming videos and you really list to a lot music like pandora. then sprint will work for you. their 3g speeds are fine for music. and they are unlimited.

6. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

Northern New Jersey checking in here. I just left Sprint to move to Verizon. 4G LTE is awesome, and so is having a decent network.

7. wb1960

wb1960 New Member

I went over to sprint just a little over a week ago on the iPhone 5S. It was too slow on that network I returned it got credit for it and went back to verizon. Phone works great on their network

Sent using iCafe app