iPhone 5s Tracking Thread

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I need to do more in-depth tracking of my iPhone 5s. How do I find my flight numbers?

Last edited by a moderator:

No-25

Bronze
May 28, 2010
Wisconsin
Does anybody remember the airplane tracking site?

Sent using iCafe app

tvdc

Bronze
Mar 29, 2009
Just ordered a 32 GB gold 5S through Apple. It's available to ship sometime in October. So excited! I got a space grey on Friday since I had waited in line all night, but my heart was set on gold.
What do you plan to do with the grey phone? (Why would you need two?)

Sent using iCafe app

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
ScreenShot2013-09-24at32031PM_zps92e31194.png

It's landing in 1hr 30 mins... Then has to make its way to the east coast...
Awesome. I will follow yours since you have "real time" data. Mine is coming to easy coast as well and appears to be in same flight. I guess tomorrow delivery is realistic since they are what, 3hr behind so it should get on another plane and make its way east and arrive overnight then maybe even head to the local hubs and out for delivery tomorrow.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
Does anybody remember the airplane tracking site?

Sent using iCafe app
It is flightaware.com

UPS 99 from Incheon to Anchorage has landed and my UPS tracking has been updated appropriately. UPS 99 will be going on to Louisville, the UPS hub, from there.

Sent using iCafe app

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
How do I find my flight numbers?
I can tell you how I do it. Using flightaware.com I searched for flights from Incheon to Anchorage. I knew my phone was in Incheon from the tracking info. From there it is an educated guess that it is on the UPS flight from Incheon to Anchorage. The departure scan time didn't quite add up but it was close enough and it makes sense, especially since this flight goes on to Louisville later today.

From there you can look up UPS flights from Anchorage or Louisville to a city near you. Cross check the flight times (they usually don't match up exactly) with your tracking info and it is fairly easy to figure out.

Sent using iCafe app

Last edited:

ichris

Bronze
Dec 6, 2008
Hope the next departure is to Newark and then out for delivery.
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1380071349.215153.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
Wow, one flight from Korea to Alaska and then 6 from there to Louisville. Based on my departure time it could be either 99 or 61. Hell, could even be 63.

Checked Louisville to a couple airports in MD and one in VA and none of them have anything arriving tomorrow. Everything has already arrived.

I checked from Anchorage to MD/VA airports and nothing as well. At least I know it is in the States now.

Last edited:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Wow, one flight from Korea to Alaska and then 6 from there to Louisville. Based on my departure time it could be either 99 or 61. Hell, could even be 63.

Checked Louisville to a couple airports in MD and one in VA and none of them have anything arriving tomorrow. Everything has already arrived.

I checked from Anchorage to MD/VA airports and nothing as well. At least I know it is in the States now.
I think UPS99 was the only flight that originated from ZZ China that closely matches our UPS delivery timeframe and has a final destination at Louisville so it's safe to say It has our phones in it.

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
I think UPS99 was the only flight that originated from ZZ China that closely matches our UPS delivery timeframe and has a final destination at Louisville so it's safe to say It has our phones in it.
I would agree, but I am not seeing anything from Louisville up to me and with it scheduled to be delivered tomorrow there is no way they are driving it from Louisville. So I wonder after it arrives there, how many departures will it have and then will the flight aware update? Oh well. I am heading to bed and will track in the morning.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I would agree, but I am not seeing anything from Louisville up to me and with it scheduled to be delivered tomorrow there is no way they are driving it from Louisville. So I wonder after it arrives there, how many departures will it have and then will the flight aware update? Oh well. I am heading to bed and will track in the morning.
Once it arrives in KY, the phones are going to have to be flown to the regional hubs to meet deliveries time frames.

GailLA

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 13, 2007
Northern IL
I wasn't able to determine how exactly my phone got from ZhengZhou to Incheon. There are no UPS flights between the two cities that I could find. There were too many other possibilities for me to pin that leg down.

AFAIK UPS 99 originates in Incheon. I'm pretty good at ferreting out info on FlightAware. BTW, I actually listened to UPS 99 arrive in Anchorage on ATC Live (I know, too much time on my hands today).

As to our phones being on any other flight to UPS Worldport, I agree, it wouldn't make sense for UPS to offload the iPhone shipment bound for Louisville and put it on a different UPS flight for Louisville. UPS is way more efficient than that. Besides, the tracking times definitely point to flight 99.

Sent using iCafe app

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I wasn't able to determine how exactly my phone got from ZhengZhou to Incheon. There are no UPS flights between the two cities that I could find. There were too many other possibilities for me to pin that leg down.

AFAIK UPS 99 originates in Incheon. I'm pretty good at ferreting out info on FlightAware. BTW, I actually listened to UPS 99 arrive in Anchorage on ATC Live (I know, too much time on my hands today).

As to our phones being on any other flight to UPS Worldport, I agree, it wouldn't make sense for UPS to offload the iPhone shipment bound for Louisville and put it on a different UPS flight for Louisville. UPS is way more efficient than that. Besides, the tracking times definitely point to flight 99.

Sent using iCafe app
You are probably correct about the flight from China to Korea because it took a while from arrival to departure. Like they offloaded the cargo and switched flights. The departure and arrival time in Anchorage was very short. Just enough time for scanning the cargo and refueling.