iPhone 5S Yes we have seen it!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by liberated, Sep 15, 2012.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes, like the title says, I believe this will be the form that even the next generation (after the iPhone 5) will be like. I think the unibody construction is here to stay. Like previous versions (except the original) this will be the shape for at least the next two generations. I can't see the phone getting any better than this (unibody) unless Apple masters the all glass slate concept where the ipne is just a transparent glass slate (which would be awesome). I wonder what the issues will be with iphne 5? We had battery gate, antenna gate before.....just thinking out loud here.

2. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I agree, I think the 5S will look identical and future phones will be similar. You can't just change the appearance drastically for the sake of making it look different. There has to be good reasoning for a major design change.

I also believe it will be "Adaptergate"! I don't think it's a big deal, it had to happen eventually. The big question is will they package one adapter with the iPhone? If not, there will be pressure for them to give us a freebie, similar to the free bumper fiasco. I think the big question is, will people complain loud enough for Apple to react? I don't think so but time will tell.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes, unibody is here to stay. As far as the adapter, I think they will include one, or else, how would we charge our phones?

4. iPhoneFan10

iPhoneFan10 Member
    Bronze

I ordered three adapters this past Wednesday from the Apple website - Total = $90.68. I bought one for my car, one for my speaker dock at home and the last as a favor for a friend.

The price for an adapter is way too high but Apple is Apple and it knows what it's doing.. I am not happy about it but there is nothing I can do about it.. I just chalk it up to the cost of switching phones and move on.

5. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

They will provide a USB charger but not an adaptor

6. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I feel the current iPhone design will be used as long as technology allows it. It's going to be an iconic design.

7. iPhoneFan10

iPhoneFan10 Member
    Bronze

There is no 30-pin to Lightning adapter with the iPhone 5. It will come with the new Lightning to USB cable plus wall plug so it can be charged..

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

oh, something else on the adapter; I am not sure how sturdy this adapter will be. The current adapted is strong enough to hold the device on any given base, this adapter is smaller and makes me wonder how device manufacturers will implement their interfaces. Also, how long until someone makes an adapter to make it backward compatible, is that even possible?

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'll wait for the chinese adapters, way cheaper and do the job :)

10. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

It can't be any worse than micro USB which I have on my Nexus 7 and Skyrocket. It feels flimsy and by no means can it be used to hold devices up.