iPhone 5se's design leaked!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
The design for Apple's soon-to-be-released iPhone 5se has now been leaked, thanks to "notorious leaker Steve Hemmerstoffer," who published alleged design schematics for the handset from his @OnLeaks Twitter account, on Wednesday, February 24th, reports Tech Insider.

I included this post here on the iPhone 5s subforum because of the 5se's four-inch screen which is the same size as that found on the iPhone 5/5s models, but ideally, this post can be moved to an iPhone 5se-specific subforum if and when such a forum is created by @chris.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
According to the latest rumor, it's to be called the iPhone SE.
Interesting shift in nomenclature.

MacRumors reports that 9to5Mac reports that "the new name would be a shift in focus on the 4-inch iPhone's 'enhanced and special edition' status, making it stand out from the numerically named crowd of the iPhone family."

Not so enhanced and not so special, however, are the reported storage options for the handset which still begin at 16 GB. Let's hope this isn't final. And at the very least, let's hope this doesn't remain the case for the yearly update of the flagship models later in the year.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
It will be interesting to see how many people will move from a 6/6S to this 4 inch model. I recall seeing a survey on the forums here asking who would be interested in a smaller screen, but I think the percentage of people wanting the smaller screen was fairly low. Both my wife and daughter are quite happy with the larger screen on the 6 and have no plans on downsizing their screen. My wife has been eyeing up my 6 Plus so she will most likely upgrade to a 7 Plus this year.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
It will be interesting to see how many people will move from a 6/6S to this 4 inch model. I recall seeing a survey on the forums here asking who would be interested in a smaller screen, but I think the percentage of people wanting the smaller screen was fairly low. Both my wife and daughter are quite happy with the larger screen on the 6 and have no plans on downsizing their screen. My wife has been eyeing up my 6 Plus so she will most likely upgrade to a 7 Plus this year.
I was one of those who wished Apple had kept the size of the 5/5s as an option when the 6 was released. I skipped the 6 and stuck with my 5s, only partially because of the size increase. Now that I have a 6s there's no way I'd go back to a smaller screen. In fact, part of me wishes I had gone with the 6s Plus when I upgraded from my 5s.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I was one of those who wished Apple had kept the size of the 5/5s as an option when the 6 was released. I skipped the 6 and stuck with my 5s, only partially because of the size increase. Now that I have a 6s there's no way I'd go back to a smaller screen. In fact, part of me wishes I had gone with the 6s Plus when I upgraded from my 5s.
I started with a 6 and 4 months later moved up to a 6 Plus. I could never go back to a smaller screen at this point. I can't wait to see what the 7 Plus has to offer in nine months.

jtryon

Feb 28, 2016
I started with a 6 and 4 months later moved up to a 6 Plus. I could never go back to a smaller screen at this point. I can't wait to see what the 7 Plus has to offer in nine months.
I had a 6 to start with and then a Windows Phone, which in retrospect was a mistake. So then I went and bought an iPhone 5S. My questions is whether or not it's a good idea to upgrade to the SE from a 5S. The upgrades would be significant with the A9 processor and 12MP camera and to boot, it's only $499 for the 64GB model. Or would I be better off at this point waiting for an iPhone 7 since I could still get quite a bit a power out of the iPhone 5s for a couple years.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I had a 6 to start with and then a Windows Phone, which in retrospect was a mistake. So then I went and bought an iPhone 5S. My questions is whether or not it's a good idea to upgrade to the SE from a 5S. The upgrades would be significant with the A9 processor and 12MP camera and to boot, it's only $499 for the 64GB model. Or would I be better off at this point waiting for an iPhone 7 since I could still get quite a bit a power out of the iPhone 5s for a couple years.
I would wait for the 7 at this point.