iPhone 6 64gb or upgrade to 6 plus 16gb?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by rollinfromhell, Sep 25, 2014.

1. rollinfromhell

Gold

That would be my only option at this point, as it's all I can afford. I've heard a few issues with the Plus at the moment. Would it be worth it to sacrifice triple the storage for a bigger screen and better optical stabilization/battery?

I DID have a Note 3 and only issue for me was it was almost impossible to type with one hand. 6, I can. But that would be the only issue minus the storage. I know it's personal preference, but I'm just curious and need help deciding.

2. Zzz

Zzz Contributor
    Bronze

Only you know how much you want the 6+ and from reading some of your posts in other threads it seems you want a 6+ really bad. However, in my opinion I would not go down from 64GB to 16GB, even for a 6+. Hey that's just my 2 cents though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using iCafe App.

3. rollinfromhell

Gold

I do! I just am not sure if it's worth it with the storage.

Point blank: Are a lot of peoples phones bent here on this forum? And how is the 16 gig?

I would buy it easily if AT&T had them in stock but the 16gb is my only issue and the bend problem. I only have 11 days "if they do get them in stock" to swap.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'd go with the 64 gb iPhone 6 over the 16 gb Plus if those were the choices. It's a constant battle trying to manage storage on a 16 GB and it's even worse on the 6 and 6 Plus than it is on the older devices.

5. rollinfromhell

Gold

16gb is pretty bad, but I can manage. My only question left is how bad is the bend gate? Like the other poster said and creeped on my posts, I do want it obviously as I'm here asking. Just curious as to if it's that bad and if I should wait to upgrade until it gets fixed? Or just go ahead and get it if AT&T has stock?

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Get it, slap it in a good case and get on with your life. A handful of bending complaints is being blown way out of proportion, in my opinion.

You can read the article by @chris on the subject.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I wouldn't worry about it. It seems to be a very rare problem and it's under warranty.

The storage space, though. I don't know how anyone can manage 16 GB on a Plus. I'm not sure how it's possible, but iOS 8 and the stock apps seem to be taking 9 GB of space on my 64 GB iPhone 6. I noticed it when it was brand new. I restored it to factory settings just to see and it was the same thing.

8. rollinfromhell

Gold

Oh jeeze.. Yeah I'm seeing 56.00gb capacity on my 64gb, but isn't some cut off anyway by default for OS? I notice more gigs = the more is cut off. I've used about 8.2 gigs. I would assume the 16gb would have about 13gb capacity.

Wonder if someone can chime in about capacity on their 16gbs if anyone has one, or else I can ask in a new thread. I totally forgot about the case! Thanks Napoleon. Common sense :p

9. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

What I don't get is why would Apple even offer a 5C with just 8 GB. By the time they add iOS 8 and their apps there is probably 3 GB left.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, I'm curious about that myself. When I noticed it I almost started a thread here to see if anyone with a 16 GB would post their capacity.

11. rollinfromhell

Gold

12. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

I think you would be better staying with the 64GB model I don't see how anyone can manage 16GB that's barely anything. Keep the new iPhone 6 and just enjoy it man.

13. Troy Watkins

Troy Watkins New Member

I have a 16gb iPhone 6. Capacity is 12.2gb. The size is perfect imo, but of course if you prefer phones like the note you're probable going to want to go with the 6+. I'm not sure if it's worth sacrificing storage though:/

14. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

Def 6 64gb over the 6+ 16gb. I think the 6 is the sweet spot for phone size..

Sent using iCafe app

15. Troy Watkins

Troy Watkins New Member