iPhone 6 64gb or upgrade to 6 plus 16gb?

Aug 1, 2007
That would be my only option at this point, as it's all I can afford. I've heard a few issues with the Plus at the moment. Would it be worth it to sacrifice triple the storage for a bigger screen and better optical stabilization/battery?

I DID have a Note 3 and only issue for me was it was almost impossible to type with one hand. 6, I can. But that would be the only issue minus the storage. I know it's personal preference, but I'm just curious and need help deciding.

Zzz

Contributor
Bronze
Sep 13, 2014
Only you know how much you want the 6+ and from reading some of your posts in other threads it seems you want a 6+ really bad. However, in my opinion I would not go down from 64GB to 16GB, even for a 6+. Hey that's just my 2 cents though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using iCafe App.

Aug 1, 2007
Only you know how much you want the 6+ and from reading some of your posts in other threads it seems you want a 6+ really bad. However, in my opinion I would not go down from 64GB to 16GB, even for a 6+. Hey that's just my 2 cents though.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using iCafe App.
I do! I just am not sure if it's worth it with the storage.

Point blank: Are a lot of peoples phones bent here on this forum? And how is the 16 gig?

I would buy it easily if AT&T had them in stock but the 16gb is my only issue and the bend problem. I only have 11 days "if they do get them in stock" to swap.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'd go with the 64 gb iPhone 6 over the 16 gb Plus if those were the choices. It's a constant battle trying to manage storage on a 16 GB and it's even worse on the 6 and 6 Plus than it is on the older devices.

Aug 1, 2007
16gb is pretty bad, but I can manage. My only question left is how bad is the bend gate? Like the other poster said and creeped on my posts, I do want it obviously as I'm here asking. Just curious as to if it's that bad and if I should wait to upgrade until it gets fixed? Or just go ahead and get it if AT&T has stock?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
16gb is pretty bad, but I can manage. My only question left is how bad is the bend gate? Like the other poster said and creeped on my posts, I do want it obviously as I'm here asking. Just curious as to if it's that bad and if I should wait to upgrade until it gets fixed? Or just go ahead and get it if AT&T has stock?
Get it, slap it in a good case and get on with your life. A handful of bending complaints is being blown way out of proportion, in my opinion.

You can read the article by @chris on the subject.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I wouldn't worry about it. It seems to be a very rare problem and it's under warranty.

The storage space, though. I don't know how anyone can manage 16 GB on a Plus. I'm not sure how it's possible, but iOS 8 and the stock apps seem to be taking 9 GB of space on my 64 GB iPhone 6. I noticed it when it was brand new. I restored it to factory settings just to see and it was the same thing.

Aug 1, 2007
I wouldn't worry about it. It seems to be a very rare problem and it's under warranty.

The storage space, though. I don't know how anyone can manage 16 GB on a Plus. I'm not sure how it's possible, but iOS 8 and the stock apps seem to be taking 9 GB of space on my 64 GB iPhone 6. I noticed it when it was brand new. I restored it to factory settings just to see and it was the same thing.
Oh jeeze.. Yeah I'm seeing 56.00gb capacity on my 64gb, but isn't some cut off anyway by default for OS? I notice more gigs = the more is cut off. I've used about 8.2 gigs. I would assume the 16gb would have about 13gb capacity.

Wonder if someone can chime in about capacity on their 16gbs if anyone has one, or else I can ask in a new thread. I totally forgot about the case! Thanks Napoleon. Common sense :p

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

What I don't get is why would Apple even offer a 5C with just 8 GB. By the time they add iOS 8 and their apps there is probably 3 GB left.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Oh jeeze.. Yeah I'm seeing 56.00gb capacity on my 64gb, but isn't some cut off anyway by default for OS? I notice more gigs = the more is cut off. I've used about 8.2 gigs. I would assume the 16gb would have about 13gb capacity.

Wonder if someone can chime in about capacity on their 16gbs if anyone has one, or else I can ask in a new thread. I totally forgot about the case! Thanks Napoleon. Common sense :p
Yeah, I'm curious about that myself. When I noticed it I almost started a thread here to see if anyone with a 16 GB would post their capacity.

Sep 26, 2014
I have a 16gb iPhone 6. Capacity is 12.2gb. The size is perfect imo, but of course if you prefer phones like the note you're probable going to want to go with the 6+. I'm not sure if it's worth sacrificing storage though:/