iPhone 6 [alleged] Prototype available now at eBay

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Rafagon, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Anyone looking for a Prototype iPhone 6 is in luck. One is available on eBay, albeit a tad overpriced.

Get it now before Apple shuts the auction down!

Seller claims that

"Apple does NOT let these phones out of their possession yet I was accidentally sent one upon renewing my contract. As you can see from the photos, iOS8 has not been placed on this device, rather it is in the true developer mode. There are no FCC markings on the rear of the device or a model number. This is the real deal!!! The lightening port is red which is a sure sign of a prototype."​

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Apple sent the prototype by mistake. I say sell it and get the money.

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The item is in Beverly Hills. He/she is likely already wealthy. What an unfair world!

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

6a00d834515ae969e2017c35817072970b.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

$99,000 already. How does a Apple prototype get shipped from Verizon? Sounds super fishy to me.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I couldn't agree with you more. Adding to the fishiness, the seller has a 100% positive feedback, but that is a rather easy feat when you only have ONE feedback, and it is dated relatively recently (late August of this year) to boot. This would obviously be very easy to engineer.

An Apple prototype erroneously getting shipped from Verizon is highly unlikely, but it could very well have been obtained through illegitimate channels. It may be an inside job and she may have had people at every step of the unit's chain of custody doing her bidding. She might also have to share the profits with her people on the inside. $100K split amongst five people is still $20K apiece--ample motivation for these people to have participated in the nefarious event.