iPhone 6 battery app

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Brent Hampton, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Brent Hampton

Brent Hampton New Member

Hi everyone,

I bought an iPhone 6 used and the seller swore the battery health was great. Of course, being the trusting schmuck that I am, I believed them. With light use, this phone won't last more than an hour without shutting down. I'd go get the battery replaced at Apple, but the screen has a small crack in a corner and will need to be replaced as well, I'm sure. So minimum $150 job, even if I take it apart myself.

I decided to buy a battery case (Anker Slim Battery Case). Absolutely phenomenal buy at $55. It has a stronger battery than the original iPhone 6 (2800+ mAh vs. 1850 mAh). The only problem is, once the iphone is charged to 100%, the case shuts off and the phone drains really quickly. If I'm not paying attention, I'll lose anything I'm working on or any call I'm in the middle of.

I realized that I could likely circumvent this problem, by ensuring the phone never reaches 100% charge. It could sit at 96% for all I care, as long as it forces the battery case to keep feeding the phone with power. I've been trying to find an app that can do this or a way to configure the phone to allow this.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brent

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've never heard of an app that does that. I doubt Apple would allow that in the App Store. One thing you can do to extend your usage time is use the phone while it's plugged in. When it's plugged in, it isn't using the phone's battery. It's something you could do at home.