iPhone 6 Bendgate

Bennyboy

Genius
Platinum
Jul 21, 2010
PA
Went to Apple today, initially told me bent phone are not covered under warranty since it takes at least 90psi to bend the 6 , I insisted they were wrong and after checking multiple times they found they are in fact covered. Thankfully!
Is your bent or were you just investigating?

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Whew, just took my 6+ out of it's case (apple leather) to conduct a bendgate visual inspection and luckily I have no bend.

Thank goodness I don't have to add this to my growing list of first-world problems.

But in all seriousness, I feel badly for those who have experienced bends in their phones.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Whew, just took my 6+ out of it's case (apple leather) to conduct a bendgate visual inspection and luckily I have no bend.

Thank goodness I don't have to add this to my growing list of first-world problems.

But in all seriousness, I feel badly for those who have experienced bends in their phones.
Some may have a legitimate complaint, but I refuse to feel sorry for those who insist on putting their phone in a back pocket and sitting down.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
Some may have a legitimate complaint, but I refuse to feel sorry for those who insist on putting their phone in a back pocket and sitting down.
Agreed, I should have included a qualifier as such. If you using your phone or putting it in a situation where a straight piece of metal/glass should not be and then expecting it to withstand that pressure then I got nothing for ya.

Kind of like driving a convertible through a carwash with the top down and then expecting the car manufacturer to replace your interior because it got wet.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
every phone I've ever owned. never bent one yet. course I'm likely jinxing myself. will report if I do bend just for the lulz.

Sent from my OnePlus One

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
A lot of these cases are such a tight fit, I wouldn't be surprised if people are bending them trying to take them out of them, to see if they are bent.