Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I can hear it now. is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
response>> nah it's just my huge iphone6 in my pocket

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I think I will go to the patient office. and patient and new carrying case for the new iPhone. the new iphonypack :)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Maybe Apple will give away free cases to structurally reinforce the 6 Plus.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
the bendy feature alone should be good for another 4+ million in sales

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
yes, ip5's and 5S's were probably bent in a vice and i'm sure the 6's could be, but I really don't see a phone that is flat against the front of my left leg bending. The part against my leg is protected from bending. I've had my case-less phones there for years.
Having said that, the video makes me cringe.
It's pressure between the leg and the pocket material that would be causing a bend, particularly when sitting or crouching.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
My 5 bent in this same way, and my 5s also did it, to a lesser extent. I posted photos of my 5s here.

I never got around to taking it back to the Apple Store for an exchange.

This isn't going to make me change my decision to get the 6 Plus (I'm hellbent on that, heh), but I'm going to be extra vigilant this time around.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to get a laptop case for it and carry it around that way.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
My 5 bent in this same way, and my 5s also did it, to a lesser extent. I posted photos of my 5s here.

I never got around to taking it back to the Apple Store for an exchange.

This isn't going to make me change my decision to get the 6 Plus (I'm hellbent on that, heh), but I'm going to be extra vigilant this time around.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to get a laptop case for it and carry it around that way.
Hellbent? <snicker>

Anyway, you're going to upset the trolls by posting stuff like that. :D

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to attend to a thread that has over 8700 replies. Life is tough.

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Some possible solutions are:
Lanyards, we wear the 6 plus around our neck like the apple store geeks.
Cargo pants, even if your "adiposed challenged the big and roomy pockets will not harm the plus.
The apple diet, eat apples all day until your thin as a rail and you don't have enough girth to bend a paper clip.
A man bag, for guys...um..naa, pass on this one.
An iphone caddy (an actual dude who follows you everywhere and holds your phone for you).
etc..feel free to help apple solve this with your solutions too.
(y)

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
The second picture is your post Chris I actually read his story on a different forum and this guy claimed he only had the phone for 2 days in total and the first day he explained he really didn't even transport it outside his house the second day he went to a wedding in which he was wearing a suite and he had the 6plus in his front pocket and the next morning he realized when he sat the phone down on the table that it was bent. It's got me a little skeptical about getting the bigger model now because it would be easier and more prone to bending however you can't believe everything on the internet but this isn't the first time I have heard about this either I seen an article by noon last friday when it was first released of some guy who bent his by sitting on it.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
Some possible solutions are:
Lanyards, we wear the 6 plus around our neck like the apple store geeks.
Cargo pants, even if your "adiposed challenged the big and roomy pockets will not harm the plus.
The apple diet, eat apples all day until your thin as a rail and you don't have enough girth to bend a paper clip.
A man bag, for guys...um..naa, pass on this one.
An iphone caddy (an actual dude who follows you everywhere and holds your phone for you).
etc..feel free to help apple solve this with your solutions too.
(y)
I actually picked up one of those http://flipbelt.com/

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
Good thing I always use a case. Have never had an issue with my 5s