iPhone 6 Bendgate

darkpoet25

Bronze
Dec 20, 2008
Indianapolis
I find it hard to believe that regular pocketing would bend an iPhone, unless other stressful factors are involved. It may not be other people's style but I wear a belt holster for the iPhone where it stays protected and out of the way. I never liked putting my iPhone in my pockets because I carry so much other stuff in my pockets.
I use a belt clip holster too. I work on the ICS team at Wal Mart and I do a lot of bending and lifting, since I get picks in the backroom all day. There is no way I am getting a Plus just for this reason alone. The last thing I want to do is pay the money for a Plus and have it do this. I'm planning on getting a holster, screen protector and case for the 6 when I can get one.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
A few reports (out of the 10 million phones sold over the weekend) and suddenly the 6 is the flimsiest phone ever... It's even on my local news tonight. Moral of the story: be careful with your new expensive phone and take some personal responsibility for damaging it...

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
A few reports (out of the 10 million phones sold over the weekend) and suddenly the 6 is the flimsiest phone ever... It's even on my local news tonight. Moral of the story: be careful with your new expensive phone and take some personal responsibility for damaging it...

Take personal responsibility for carrying your phone in your pocket? With all these new health apps & new iwatch maybe they should have a tutorial on how to carry your phone when your working out, or simply walking, or better yet sitting down.

jmp316

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 10, 2008
Take personal responsibility for carrying your phone in your pocket? With all these new health apps & new iwatch maybe they should have a tutorial on how to carry your phone when your working out, or simply walking, or better yet sitting down.
There are two sides to every story. I'm not saying it's not an issue, but I'm also not buying that these phones were bent as easily as the reports claim. In he video in where the guy bends it with hist bare hands, he uses an awful lot of pressure...

I'll say it again, be careful with your new, expensive phone. I'm a front pocket user myself and have never had a problem with an iPhone, including my new 6.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
Well of course the 6+ bends. How else do you expect Apple to sell those iWatches next year? Leave your iPhone 6+ out of your pockets and use the watch! :cautious::D

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Hello,
I have heard today that iphone 6 5.5 got bend when kept in jeans pocket for 24 hours... Is it true ? He said the phone is working fine but only got bend.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

Sep 6, 2014
So does that mean iphone 5.5 is so delicate to get bend ? Also, may i have youtube video as am unable to find it ?

Yes this is what people are complaining, there is a thread here, iPhone 6 Bendgate you will find link there, I am not allowed for unknown reason to paste link in this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Maybe it's just a rumor. Did you saw the video?
Yes i saw the video but nowhere it had showed it got bend when kept in the pocket.... If you purposely try to bend using force with both your hands then it bends... Its shown on youtube.