iPhone 6 Concept Video Features 4.7-inch display, plenty of awesome

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by chris, Mar 10, 2014.

1. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

Check out this video. First off, it's extremely well done. The guy did a fantastic job. It doesn't look that much different from official Apple videos. As for the iPhone 6 itself, it's awesome, but not in a crazy, unrealistic way. This looks like a 'safe' evolutionary move. The big news this year will be the bigger display and that's pretty much the only real visual change in this concept.

Me personally, I think Apple makes some changes to the hardware. Moving to a bigger display requires changes to how you think about the design of the hardware. Anyone who has held a larger Android phone will tell you that the power button on top is a bad idea.

So will Apple stick to an evolutionary design or will there be big changes along with the bigger display?

2. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

Knowing Apple, I suspect they'll do as little re-design as possible. I wish they'd do something a bit more radical, but I'm not expecting much. Of course I'll still buy it though!

#2 rambo47, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

WOW! That was a sweet video! Thanks for sharing it Chris!

I don't think there will be big sweeping changes besides the bigger display. I think if they give us a bigger display and upgrade the innards with a faster battery, processor and whatever else they make faster. Also better screen resolution to go along with the bigger hardware and of course an upgraded iOS, that will probably be a lot to digest right there. The bigger screen will feel good, look good and be much welcomed.

Purple hardware or new colors in general along with a pinwheet and a bottle opener will be too much this go around.

IMHO Just give us all the innard upgrades and a bigger screen and off we go! We'll be happy as pigs in mud.

4. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

All concept videos are awesome, and the new model always falls short in comparison.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Concept videos/designs are quite often horrible, in my opinion. I don't think it would be difficult for Apple to make a better looking phone than the second concept posted in this thread. It has an invisible home button and Touch ID. What a terrible idea if the landing pad is still the same size. How can you center your thumb/finger over it perfectly if you can't see or feel it? Maybe the entire bottom half is a scanner? I don't think the technology has advanced that fast. Am I the only one who would rather see an 8 MP camera with improved optics than a 13 MP?

The first concept iPhone (post #1) is pretty nice.

7. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I've seen some great photos taken with both the 5 and 5s without the improved optics. I don't see Apple getting into a megapixel war. 8 is enough with some improvements.

8. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I always enjoy watching the different concept videos and then seeing how far off the mark most of them are.

9. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

Bumping the megapixel count would be more of a PR move to appease the folks who get all spun up over stats. For real improvements Apple should work the optics.

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

And the problem with that is many people will think that Android with 13 MP has a better camera than the iPhone with it's improved optics 8 MP camera. Ignorance and human nature.

11. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I would be quite happy if the iPhone 6 looks something similar to this.

iphone-6-concept-image.png.jpg

12. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I like that, but I can't see Apple curving the back like that since it looks so close to the HTC One.

13. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

That's true, but it would feel a bit nicer in the hand with a slight curve.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The HTC One did feel nice in the hand, that's for sure.

15. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

That render looks like the Moto X from the back to me. I've held the Moto X and it's very nice. That would mark a big departure in styling for Apple, something I don't think they'll do just yet, but it sure would be sweet.

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Don't forget the rounded styling of the 3 and 3G. They were very comfortable to hold.

17. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

True. But would Apple consider that a step backwards as far as styling now? I can think of a lot of reasons to do exactly that, but I don't think Apple is ready to do it.

18. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I remember Steve Jobs commenting in his keynote how nice the 3G or 3GS felt in the hand with the rounded back. I think a thinner, sleeker, rounded back would be advanced, and not really moving backwards.

19. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@JWiPhone

Yes! Thanks for reminding me about how good the 3G and 3GS felt in the hand! I remember when the 4 body style changed it took some getting used to for me and I did miss the feel of the 3GS.

I think you're right that a thinner, sleeker, rounded back would not be moving backwards.

This will be exciting to see what Apple comes up with for the 6. I have faith that it will be awesome. IMHO They don't make ugly products.

20. rambo47

rambo47 Contributor
    Silver

We all agree that it would be moving forward (again). Would Apple see it that way though? Jobs would have seen it as a step back and never would ave gone for it. But Tim Cook might have less ego and more responsiveness to customer input and for the overall industry trend.