iPhone 6 Concept Video Features 4.7-inch display, plenty of awesome

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Check out this video. First off, it's extremely well done. The guy did a fantastic job. It doesn't look that much different from official Apple videos. As for the iPhone 6 itself, it's awesome, but not in a crazy, unrealistic way. This looks like a 'safe' evolutionary move. The big news this year will be the bigger display and that's pretty much the only real visual change in this concept.

Me personally, I think Apple makes some changes to the hardware. Moving to a bigger display requires changes to how you think about the design of the hardware. Anyone who has held a larger Android phone will tell you that the power button on top is a bad idea.

So will Apple stick to an evolutionary design or will there be big changes along with the bigger display?

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Knowing Apple, I suspect they'll do as little re-design as possible. I wish they'd do something a bit more radical, but I'm not expecting much. Of course I'll still buy it though!

Last edited:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
WOW! That was a sweet video! Thanks for sharing it Chris!

I don't think there will be big sweeping changes besides the bigger display. I think if they give us a bigger display and upgrade the innards with a faster battery, processor and whatever else they make faster. Also better screen resolution to go along with the bigger hardware and of course an upgraded iOS, that will probably be a lot to digest right there. The bigger screen will feel good, look good and be much welcomed.

Purple hardware or new colors in general along with a pinwheet and a bottle opener will be too much this go around.

IMHO Just give us all the innard upgrades and a bigger screen and off we go! We'll be happy as pigs in mud.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
All concept videos are awesome, and the new model always falls short in comparison.
Concept videos/designs are quite often horrible, in my opinion. I don't think it would be difficult for Apple to make a better looking phone than the second concept posted in this thread. It has an invisible home button and Touch ID. What a terrible idea if the landing pad is still the same size. How can you center your thumb/finger over it perfectly if you can't see or feel it? Maybe the entire bottom half is a scanner? I don't think the technology has advanced that fast. Am I the only one who would rather see an 8 MP camera with improved optics than a 13 MP?

The first concept iPhone (post #1) is pretty nice.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Concept videos/designs are quite often horrible, in my opinion. I don't think it would be difficult for Apple to make a better looking phone than that. Also, it has an invisible home button and Touch ID. What a terrible idea if the landing pad is still the same size. How can you center your thumb/finger over it perfectly if you can't see or feel it? Maybe the entire bottom half is a scanner? I don't think the technology has advanced that fast. Am I the only one who would rather see an 8 MP camera with improved optics than a 13 MP?
I've seen some great photos taken with both the 5 and 5s without the improved optics. I don't see Apple getting into a megapixel war. 8 is enough with some improvements.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
Bumping the megapixel count would be more of a PR move to appease the folks who get all spun up over stats. For real improvements Apple should work the optics.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
Bumping the megapixel count would be more of a PR move to appease the folks who get all spun up over stats. For real improvements Apple should work the optics.
And the problem with that is many people will think that Android with 13 MP has a better camera than the iPhone with it's improved optics 8 MP camera. Ignorance and human nature.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
That render looks like the Moto X from the back to me. I've held the Moto X and it's very nice. That would mark a big departure in styling for Apple, something I don't think they'll do just yet, but it sure would be sweet.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I remember Steve Jobs commenting in his keynote how nice the 3G or 3GS felt in the hand with the rounded back. I think a thinner, sleeker, rounded back would be advanced, and not really moving backwards.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I remember Steve Jobs commenting in his keynote how nice the 3G or 3GS felt in the hand with the rounded back. I think a thinner, sleeker, rounded back would be advanced, and not really moving backwards.
@JWiPhone

Yes! Thanks for reminding me about how good the 3G and 3GS felt in the hand! I remember when the 4 body style changed it took some getting used to for me and I did miss the feel of the 3GS.

I think you're right that a thinner, sleeker, rounded back would not be moving backwards.

This will be exciting to see what Apple comes up with for the 6. I have faith that it will be awesome. IMHO They don't make ugly products.

rambo47

Contributor
Silver
Apr 4, 2010
Northern NJ
We all agree that it would be moving forward (again). Would Apple see it that way though? Jobs would have seen it as a step back and never would ave gone for it. But Tim Cook might have less ego and more responsiveness to customer input and for the overall industry trend.