iPhone 6 earbuds

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Apple4me, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

Are the earbuds included with the iPhone 6 the same as those included with the iPhone 5?

2. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yes, the exact same ones. Apple was so proud of their new creation and the work that went into making them. :)

4. sstalk

sstalk Member
    Bronze

And I'm part of that small percentage of people that Apple says they don't fit. They fall right out of my ears.

Sent using iCafe app

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

6. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

7. sstalk

sstalk Member
    Bronze

Thank you Europa. I should have known a company would make something like that. I ordered them and they will be here tomorrow. Gotta love prime shipping.

Sent using iCafe app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They help prevent them from falling out, which typically happens because the earbuds are too small.

10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I have EarSkinz and can attest to the fact that they really help the EarPods stay in. The sound is also a little better because of the better seal.

11. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I thought about getting those when you first got yours. But my problem is narrow ear canals. The canal entrances are small. I keep thinking the EarSkins would make the EarPods even thicker and harder to fit. I have earbuds with small and large size buds. The small just barely works, but still don't fit right.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

12. Griffinaz

Griffinaz Zealot
    Gold

13. sstalk

sstalk Member
    Bronze

I received the pod things today, and after reading the reviews of them on Amazon, I ever so slightly filed the edges down on the edges. Then I slipped them right on and it appears they will work well. I'll put them to the test tomorrow. Thanks again Europa.

Sent using iCafe app

14. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Europa

Hey there! I was going to send you a PM asking you about these earskinz. I remembered you mentioned them a year or so ago but I didn't remember the actual name of them so I figured I should just send you a message bumbling around with the description of them hoping you would know what I was talking about. O_o

Well, well, well, it appears that You were reading my mind :cautious: and you posted about the earskinz! You did this just as I was thinking of sending you the message.

Thanks again you awesome Moderator you! (y)

15. Apple4me

Apple4me Evangelist
    Gold

I have an appointment for an ear impression for these on Thursday. I can't wait to get these custom fit ear buds. I used to have a pair of these when I drove a race car and they worked unbelievably well at sealing the earbuds in your ear and also improve sound quality. I spend an average of four hours a day on my cell phone for work and need the most comfortable fitting ear buds I
    can get.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

16. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Why not use a Bluetooth headset with a custom earpiece? I spend as much time on the phone as you and I find the BT headset to be far superior to earbuds. The custom earpiece is crucial. You can get one from Averysound and make the impression yourself. They mail you the earpiece after they make it from the mold you send in. The stock BT earpieces are junk. They make your ear sore and don't have any sound amplification abilities.

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Cool. I hope they work out well for you. I have a feeling you're going to be ordering several colors if you do end up liking them. (y)

18. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I have black ones for me and purple for my wife being delivered tomorrow. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

19. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

LOL!! You know it! I thought I should give the Apple earbuds a fair shot. I've been using some cheap ones that I'm beginning to hate and are starting to fail. I want to get the Beats By Dre Tour earbuds, but before I do that, I want to give the Apple ones a shot. I carry them around with me as back ups, but they might be my main ones until I find a pair of earbuds that are awesome.

I used to use V-Moda earbuds but they don't make the ones I used any longer and I have to find a comparable pair. This means I have to do a lot of research so while I'm on the hunt, Apple Earbuds will be good enough.

20. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

That's what I need to do! Who does that?