iPhone 6 iOS 8: Randomly makes noise (tri-tone). No new messages, notification

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by EverythingApple, Oct 14, 2014.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

2. radtechy

radtechy Contributor
    Bronze

Maybe it's a notification for something that's not turned on you're notification list and had the badge icon off so you don't notice it

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure that's even possible, but every now and then I'll get a vibration on my iPhone and it's nothing! Kind of comical to say the least.

4. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

That is it's way of testing your reflexes... Part of the Health App.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

What? This was happening even before iOS 8.

6. EverythingApple

Gold

Not for me. I'm only noticing it on my iPhone 6 on iOS 8. I reported the bug to Apple at: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yeah, this happened to me on my 5s all the time. I just chalked it up to notifications for Apps. I had a lot of badges on different Apps and I figured it was just from those Notifications. Then I tried to narrow it down by getting rid of the various badges and looking to see what new came in and I came up with Zilch. I still had the noises. Annoying!

#7 Sharunda, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  8. EverythingApple

Gold

I'll give it time. Than I'm going to the Genius Bar.

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

WOOWEE! I had some spectacular typos in that post!

In my defense I was typing and running to answer the door and didn't check my post before replying.

Sent using iCafe app

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Yes, it's annoying enough to schedule a Genius Appointment. I agree. Possibly Apple can issue a fix. Something's got to give.

I've trained myself to ignore the sounds though.

Sent using iCafe app

11. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Hmmmm ... I was talking to my mom last night and she told me her ipad kept "blooping and bleeping" randomly with no on screen alerts. I told her to make sure she reboots once Ina while but maybe there's more to it.

12. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I have gotten text and email pull down notifications (and either replied or archived them) and get the sound notification 10 seconds later. Odd.

13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Why don't you wait till iOS 8.1... It should be here in about four days or so. An internal Walgreens memo suggested that it will go live at that chain on October 18th, and you can't have Apple Pay without iOS 8.1, so there's a good chance iOS 8.1 will be out and about by October 18th. However, there's always the chance that all of this will go terribly wrong if Apple screws up another iOS update, which happened about twenty days ago or so.

14. EverythingApple

Gold

I'm not running to Apple. I will wait for the update. Worst case it will beep every second instead of like randomly now.

15. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I was getting that tri-tone alert long before iOS 8. It's been discussed elsewhere. I finally found mine. It was the notification sound alert for the eiC app. I had turned all notifications off for this app at some point. They had been messed up for awhile. So I turned them off. Somehow the sound turned back on. So I was hearing that tri-tone alert, but not seeing anything. I figure an update must have turned it back on. So I would suggest any of you that hear that tri-tone alert sound, go check all the apps in Notifications. There may be one with the sound on, but nothing else. Also, check the "Do Not Include" apps at the bottom. Make sure they all have the "Allow Notifications" toggle at the top turned off. Several of mine were on. I don't hear the tri-tone alert anymore.

16. EverythingApple

Gold

My Clash of Clans game was in Do Not Include but had sounds on. I turned it off. Hope this does it. It was off before the update.