iPhone 6 is huge..

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Jdsmitty10, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

Just received my iPhone 6(not 6+) today and wow it is big compared to my 5. I will def need to use "reachability". I am a one handed user and this is borderline too big for me. I am a male with fairly large hands and I have no clue how or why anyone could use the 6+ size. Don't get me wrong the larger screen is awesome on the eyes but the phone size will take some getting used to for sure. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

Sent using iCafe app

2. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

My 6 Plus is huge-er. :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Jdsmitty10

Jdsmitty10 Member
    Bronze

I can't even imagine the 6+.

Sent using iCafe app

4. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

You will get used to the new size, and guaranteed you will come to love the added screen real estate. 6 months from now you'll pick up a 5s and think it's tiny, and you'll wonder how you ever used a screen that small.

Being an Android user as well, I've been using larger phones for years. The Nexus 5 is my primary device, and even though it has a larger screen (4.9"), it's almost identical in size to the iPhone 6, just a little wider. I've been waiting a very long time for an iPhone with a larger screen, so I am absolutely in love with the 6. And 4.7" is to me the perfect screen size. My only complaints are that the 6 is unnecessarily tall for the size of the screen, and the phone is too thin. I also have a Moto X which has a 4.7" screen as well, and it is significantly smaller than the iPhone. It's also thicker, with a deliberately curved back that makes it an absolute joy to hold. I think if Apple made the iPhone thick enough to cover the camera lens and gave it a bigger battery to fill the extra space, it would have been a perfect phone.

5. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

The 6 plus is a giant I will have to agree.

6. Chancellor

Chancellor Contributor
    Bronze

All I wanted was a 5 inch iPhone :-(, the 6 will have to work for now! Which is fine....since it's awesome!

7. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

The 6 plus is so large that Sarah Palin can see it from her back porch.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yep. I'm in the same boat. I'm a girl with average-sized hands and was a single-handed iPhone user up until I got the 4.7" iPhone 6. The only time I used two hands was when I was typing more than a sentence or two, at which point I would use two thumbs to speed type. Most of my usage was single-handed with my right thumb. I don't play any games on my phone and I keep it in portrait mode nearly 100% of the time. I'm struggling with usage on the iPhone 6. I've had to switch to two-handed usage for nearly everything because it's awkward and my hand gets sore when I try to use it single-handed. I was hoping I would adapt, but it's been a week and a half and it hasn't gotten any easier. I also have to twist the iPhone 6 to get it in and out of the pocket on my scrubs whereas the 5s and lower fit great. I don't want to downgrade to an iPhone 5s because I like to have the fastest phone available and the best camera. For me, the benefit of slightly bigger videos and slightly more visible content at once isn't worth the tradeoff of losing single-handed usage. I wish Apple made a 4" iPhone 6 Minus.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

Love mine perfect I was used to the 5s I had once the note 2 that was too big for me w running around w my kids etc soooo grabbed the six

10. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I would've kept my 5S but my daughter needed an upgrade yes she is ecstatic lol and on honor roll loves softball etc my husband wasn't too thrilled at first but so far it's going well all her friends have iPhones as well