iPhone 6 locks up in speakerphone mode.

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by iPutz, Nov 30, 2016.

1. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

A good friend of mine has an iPhone6 with a peculiar problem that I am hoping someone may have a solution for. The phone was working fine until the latest software update to 10.1.1 was installed. After that update, the phone started having problems whenever it was placed in speakerphone mode during a call. While lying on a table or counter top and speakerphone was switched on, within a couple of minutes different apps will start loading on screen or the phone will lockup on a black screen and will not respond to any buttons or motion. The phone conversation is not interrupted because of this but the phone has to be hard reset after the conversation is over. This only happens during speakerphone operation. My only solution would be to restore the phone to factory and put all the apps and data back into it manually following the restore. Your thoughts??

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try resetting all settings first. It's less drastic and sometimes fixes problems. If that doesn't resolve it, restore from backup. If it continues at that point you'll need to restore to factory settings.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Thanks Europa. He will be over today sometime with his phone and I will try that. I knew about that but didn't think of it, thanks for the reminder.

4. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Thanks again Europa. Resetting all settings seems to have been the cure. There have been no more problems with the phone since resetting it. Ordinarily it would have frozen up 3 or 4 times by now.

5. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

I have this same problem and must reboot my phone to get it again working. it has happened twice and phone is running 10.2 upgrade. Really bothers me when i get a call or want to call out i want my phone to work.