iPhone 6 or best Android

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by iDapzZ, Aug 25, 2014.

1. iDapzZ

iDapzZ Member
    Bronze

So I'm looking to get either I think a note 4 or iPhone 6 when released my partner wants the iPhone 6 and so did I but.......

I currently have a moto g 4g did have a m8 but the moto g does pretty much the same and was big time until the iPhone.

The thing is I like the fact I can get films on my android and watch the football and everything else and I don't think you can on iPhone.

But I do like the feel and look of iPhone also the way apps are on iPhone and they seem to get big games first etc and the emoji things on Facebook etc

And also is the iPhone going to have a much better screen

Any good advice here as I used to be a device hopper a lot as was I with cars but time to slow down and stop wasting money.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

The big question here I think is, have you been an iPhone fan for a long while? Me being who I am, I won't ever leave apple because I love their iPhone so much, and although others come out with software and size to compete, apple comes back at them.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, you have to admit that Apple took its time coming back with a larger screen (over 4").

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

One complaint that I continue to say to myself is that I don't believe apple has ever had a poll to see what we want. That's unfortunate.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Yeah. Apple's 600 billion dollar war chest really reflects that. ;)

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Nonetheless, I will always be an Apple customer, fan, and stock holder. :)

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They do have an official forum and customer feedback is all over the internet. They are well aware of what we want. They slowly stagger features to perfect them and maximize sales and have their reasons for withholding some of the things we don't have. For example, full customization options decrease stability.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's personal preference and depends on your individual needs. I prefer iPhones, but that doesn't mean it's best for you. You'll need to make list of the features and pros and cons of each and then decide for yourself.

#8 Europa, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
  9. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I prefer iPhones myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy Genius
    Gold

I use both platforms but tend to use iOS more.

11. rugved1118

rugved1118 Member
    Silver

I WAS a great fan of symbian os but now its long gone eversince nokia took up windows so now am with ios because i have seen all my android friends grumbling for lagging up and over-heating issues.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe Forums

-- iphone5, iphone4 and ipad2-wifi+3G

12. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver

I was just using my sister in law's ip5s and I have no idea how iPhone users deal with not having a back button. I don't remember how I used IOS before I left it. It seems so odd not having a universal way to go back one step.

So if you ask me I would go with the latest Android. I can't wait to get the Note 4.

13. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

There's always a way to go back. Once on the home button and I'm back on the home screen. Double tap the home button and I can switch easily between apps. Inside apps, there's usually a back button in the top left. I like multitasking. ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1409449955.862537.jpg

14. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

you mentioned you watch alot of films/movies if that is your main use then it's a no brainer android running xbmc and you can watch anything your heart desires from movies that have just been released in the theaters the same day. to live tv even live ppv events like boxing and ufc. check out xbmc first and watch a few xbmc videos to make sure you will be able to configure it to your needs after that go get your phone:)

15. Alkali

Alkali Member
    Bronze

Touch Wood! I have HTC one M8 but nothing but nothing touch the iPhone. It is the Rolls Royce to Android Peugeot.

16. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i take it you already got xbmc on your iphone? if not goto the xbmc site with your iphone and install it and then tell me how bad ass your iphone is. my guess is you won't be able to side-load xbmc with your stock iphone. so much for that nice rolls royce that can't do what you need when you need it.

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You two monkeys stop throwing poop at each other.

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I switch off between iOS and Android from time to time. If I were to try another Android flagship this year, it would probably be the LG G3. I could just buy the phone ouitright and wait and see what Apple offers in 2015. This is all contingent upon the September 9 keynote, of course.

19. firewire

firewire Member
    Silver

When I said back I meant one step within an app, such as going back one website link or going back to a previous menu in an app or any number of other examples. With the iPhone it's up to the individual app coder to either have an actual back button in the app or not have one at all and make it a guessing game trying to figure out how to go back one step. The home button and multitasking is not what I'm talking about.

#19 firewire, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2015
  20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's funny, because on the day I was at the head of the line for the original iPhone on June 19th, 2007, a guy walked by and gave us a hard time about the new iPhone not having a back button. :D