iPhone 6: OtterBox Defender vs. LifeProof fre

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by EverythingApple, Feb 19, 2015.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I have the OtterBox Defender. I like it but it is bulky. I like that the screen protector is flush with the screen. No air gap unlike the iPhone 5 LifeProof fre. Has the fre for the iPhone 6 gotten better regarding the air gap? Which case is better?

I'm also looking at the Dog and Bone Wetsuit which is like the LifeProof nüüd and even can get a screen protector.

2. EverythingApple

Gold

Reviews on the Dog and Bone are mixed, the major disadvantage is the touch ID and swiping up is nearly impossible. I wish LifeProof would release the nuud case for the iPhone 6, as they have for the new iPad. I'm going to an AT&T store to see if they have a fre case and if I get my FAN discount on it. It's worth a try. Wish I could get the D&B case somewhere and try it out.

3. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I dislike dog and bone..
    Love the defender
    Dog and bone is one I would get if I was serious about underwater Iphone use.
    Love the defender I say keep the defender lol

4. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I'm using tempered glass and any case I want!
    I love cases so I mix em up... Right now using incipio dual pro.
    Few days ago the Trentoniom type case no tempered glass it has a flush screen protector on it... I change cases like clothes like to match my nails lok

5. EverythingApple

Gold

I like the new trentium: http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-Full-Body-Shockproof-Interchangeable/dp/B00MXDZFFM

And, they have a clear one too: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MXEJ8UO/ref=pd_aw_sims_2?pi=AC_SY230_QL60

6. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

LifeProof NUUD, hands down

7. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I have only ever used the Otterbox so I cannot compare it to other cases. This much I do know however, when the iPhone 7 comes out I will be able to sell my 6 for a premium because it will be nearly pristine because of the Otterbox. It just works.

8. EverythingApple

Gold

I finally bought one, off of Amazon for $45 on Prime. I love it. No cons whatsoever.