iPhone 6 owner considering Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by iDapzZ, Oct 20, 2014.

1. iDapzZ

iDapzZ Member
    Bronze

I have the iPhone 6! But I am very tempted by the note 4 or other androids as mainly due to battery life and screen resolutions other hardware specs.

But on the flip is apps and gaming that much better on iPhone and is it likely to stay that way if it is.

Very indecisive right now help and advice appreciated.

#1 iDapzZ, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm confused. Are you having specific issues with the iPhone 6?

3. iDapzZ

iDapzZ Member
    Bronze

No just one of these that always thinks what I ain't got is better or the grass is greener on the other side lol

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I'm not sure how to convince you to keep the iPhone 6 besides saying that this battery compared to other iPhones is beyond amazing, and of course the camera is amazing now. I've been with the iPhone ever since my first phone wasn't good enough. I love it.

5. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

There's better Android phones out there besides the Note. Have you checked out the Nexus 6 yet?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

My biggest "P" with any Samsung device is the amount of crapware they pile thick and deep into every device they make. Some can be removed, some can be frozen but many you are stuck with.. These crapware apps all use up resources..

One mega bonus of the iPhone is there is not a single drop of crapware to be found.. Well, except for Newsstand that is :p

7. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

Yeah, TouchWiz is crapware in and of itself. It is STILL laggy on today's hardware which just boggles my mind. The only lag I have seen on an Android phone in the past two years has been on Samsungs.

8. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

True and it gets even worse on their Tablets for some reason... Jitter, shudder, shudder, lag, lag, lag..

I think I read somewhere that TW alone takes up over half of a 16GB phones storage... :eek:

9. iDapzZ

iDapzZ Member
    Bronze

So would use recommend the nexus 6 over the iPhone 6 tbh I totally forgot about it but looked at the specs the other day and would be the device I'd go for if I did move back to android

10. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I don't think anyone is recommending the Nexus 6 over the iPhone 6.. I certainly am not..

I would however recommend the Nexus 6 over the Galaxy Note 4.

11. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I had a momentary lapse of judgement this time last year. I got a iPhone 5s on lunch day and then started reading all about the Motorola X. So traded in my phone. I sooooo regretted it. I ended up using the Moto X for about a month and then sold it on Ebay. Then burned one of my upgrades to switch back. I loved some of the features the phone had, but missed the fluidity of a iOS and how my work stuff worked with the iPhone.

12. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

I would recommend the Nexus 6 over the iPhone in a heartbeat. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone 6 but that Nexus 6 is something else. If you can handle a 6" screen and aren't completely tied down to the iOS ecosystem, then it's pretty much a no brainer. I was going to order it, but decided it was too large to be practical for me, so I just ordered the 2014 Moto X instead. That thing is hands down the nicest smartphone I've ever held. Yes, even nicer than the iPhone 6.

Bring on the lynch mob! :p

13. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Member
    Bronze

Is this an iphone forum?
    Does Samsung have CarPlay capability?

14. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

I heard last years Moto X was pretty good but this years Moto X is not getting favorable reviews.. The camera and battery get slammed pretty hard by users.. Sounds like a flop to me..

#14 raqball, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  15. iDapzZ

iDapzZ Member
    Bronze

See you've researched and researched and see the iPhone 6 has the best benchmarks however I'm not sure if it's better than the note 4 as can't find them.

But is the Nexus 6 going to be 64bit and is that the main reason the iPhone does get good scores.

The research I see is the iPhone just perfects optimisation and the apps and is better for gaming etc but is this the case and will it be for the foreseeable future.

The reason I ask here is in sure there is people a lot more technically advanced than me lol x

#15 iDapzZ, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I've been on both sides and the app quality always brings me back to iOS.

17. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

Where are these bad reviews you speak of? Pretty much every review I have read calls it the best Android phone ever made. The only complaints are the camera (which I couldn't care less about) and the battery life (which is still acceptable to me). I haven't read a single negative review, and I have spent the last week reading and watching every review I can, living vicariously through the reviewer. I own last years Moto X, which was the greatest smartphone ever made up till that point, and the new Moto X improves upon it in every way possible. I have already spent a fair amount of time with one and believe me, it's amazing.

18. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Benchmarks? They mean absolutely nothing!

Pay no attention to them as they are useless... Try the phones you are interested in at a local store if you can.

19. tortex73

tortex73 Contributor
    Bronze

This I don't disagree with, but Android is catching up FAST.

20. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Most reviews from actual users (I pay zero attention to blog reviews) say the camera is garbage and the battery life is horrible..

But hey, if you like the phone then rock it.. :D