iPhone 6 plus battery readings

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Kazman, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

My iPhone 6 plus battery gives me different readings after a full overnight charge, I can unplug it when I get up in the morning and it says 100% then I will shut it down and restart it for the day but when it boots back up the battery say it's only at 99% so I plug it back in but it just sits at 99%, the only thing I have found that gets it back to reading 100% again is to unplug the phone and reboot it again, I have done 3 restores and set up as a new phone each time, has anyone else noticed this, or experienced this too?

2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Hmm... I haven't had this happen before, what I might suggest is let it drain for awhile. I usually let me phone drop below 50% and then charge it back to full and sometimes I leave it on the charger overnight because the iPhone has built-in protection that prevents the battery from overcharging. If that doesn't work and it is still giving different readings, you might consider making a Genius Bar appointment.

3. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I would go to zero let it die and try to bring it to 100% (calibrate it) if it never gets to 100 i would go to apple.
    I thought my battery was going way fast compared to the six i calibrated it twice fixed my settings and now it's kicking in perfect I charge once a day)

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

The problem is that my Plus has never reached zero!

5. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

I have ran it down 3 times and it still does it every morning when I unplug it.

6. alicepattinson

Bronze

Basically smart phones nowadays really drain its battery really fast. But for battery life improvement try calibrating your phone. Hope it helps you. :D

7. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I'm curious why after you've fully charged it, you then restart it before starting your day? Why not simply leave it on, and continue with your day?

8. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

it will actually drop to 99% within 15 to 20 minutes anyway without any use if I just unplug it from charging overnight.

9. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

Posting image from last night (posting was disabled for the move to the new server)...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416666207.220222.jpg