iPhone 6 Plus battery stats

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Kazman, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

anyone with a 6 plus does your battery stats reset to the - symbol when you do a restart on your phone no matter what the percentage meter says up in the corner? my iPhone 5 on 8.1 does not do this, but for some reason my 6 plus does this? can anyone tell me if their phone does this too..

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You will see dashes instead of usage time if you reboot or charge the iPhone after a full charge. It will not provide usage time again until you charge it to 100%. It will continue to provide it as long as you don't plug it in or reboot during the measurement.

They are two separate measurements. The battery usage in the Settings app measures your usage time since the phone was fully charged. The battery indicator in the status bar shows how much battery life you have left until the charge is depleted.

3. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

none of my other Iphones have ever done that is this something new for the 6 and 6 plus?

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It's always been this way.

5. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

no it hasn't, that's why I am asking about this..

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yes, it has. You're either remembering incorrectly or never noticed.

Here is a post from 2011 on the Apple forum stating how it worked:
    s.png

7. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

No because I just turned off my 5 and turned it back on and it didn't reset the stats...

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Are you talking about the status bar or the battery usage screen? The battery usage times changed to dashes on my 5 and 5s whenever I rebooted.

9. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

I'm talking about the usage and standby times my iPhone 4 and my iPhone 5 didn't reset those to dashes, but my 6 plus does that's why I am asking about this.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

This is weird. I have a 6 that reflects the battery usage by apps correctly and resets the usage and standby to dashes when it reboots. I have an iPhone 5s that I just checked and it is not resetting them to dashes after reboots and it is not showing the battery usage by apps correctly after the reboot. It's not updating the app usage at all. It seems to be a bug with the 5/5s. It must be an 8.x bug. It used to update the apps percentages and it would display dashes when it was rebooted.

11. Kazman

Kazman Member
    Bronze

believe me now???

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It isn't working properly on my 5s. I think it's a bug. The apps aren't even updating. It used to work fine on the old firmware. I got the dashes and it reflected the battery usage by apps. It stops recording app percentage usage after the reboot. It's pretty messed up.

13. alicepattinson

Bronze

I think your device is not calibrated well.

14. BobsApple

BobsApple New Member

My I6 will show usage and standby time after a 100 percent charge. If I reboot at anytime, it will show - -for standby and usage.

Not sure why that is. I actually do remember that I could reboot and it would show usage and standby. Perhaps when I upgraded to 8.1.1?

Either way, not a big deal to me

Best

Bob