iPhone 6 Plus battery stats

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Kazman

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
anyone with a 6 plus does your battery stats reset to the - symbol when you do a restart on your phone no matter what the percentage meter says up in the corner? my iPhone 5 on 8.1 does not do this, but for some reason my 6 plus does this? can anyone tell me if their phone does this too..

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
anyone with a 6 plus does your battery stats reset to the - symbol when you do a restart on your phone no matter what the percentage meter says up in the corner? my iPhone 5 on 8.1 does not do this, but for some reason my 6 plus does this? can anyone tell me if their phone does this too..
You will see dashes instead of usage time if you reboot or charge the iPhone after a full charge. It will not provide usage time again until you charge it to 100%. It will continue to provide it as long as you don't plug it in or reboot during the measurement.

They are two separate measurements. The battery usage in the Settings app measures your usage time since the phone was fully charged. The battery indicator in the status bar shows how much battery life you have left until the charge is depleted.

Kazman

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
You will see dashes instead of usage time if you reboot or charge the iPhone after a full charge. It will not provide usage time again until you charge it to 100%. It will continue to provide it as long as you don't plug it in or reboot during the measurement.

They are two separate measurements. The battery usage in the Settings app measures your usage time since the phone was fully charged. The battery indicator in the status bar shows how much battery life you have left until the charge is depleted.
none of my other Iphones have ever done that is this something new for the 6 and 6 plus?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No because I just turned off my 5 and turned it back on and it didn't reset the stats...
Are you talking about the status bar or the battery usage screen? The battery usage times changed to dashes on my 5 and 5s whenever I rebooted.

Kazman

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
Are you talking about the status bar or the battery usage screen? The battery usage times changed to dashes on my 5 and 5s whenever I rebooted.
I'm talking about the usage and standby times my iPhone 4 and my iPhone 5 didn't reset those to dashes, but my 6 plus does that's why I am asking about this.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
This is weird. I have a 6 that reflects the battery usage by apps correctly and resets the usage and standby to dashes when it reboots. I have an iPhone 5s that I just checked and it is not resetting them to dashes after reboots and it is not showing the battery usage by apps correctly after the reboot. It's not updating the app usage at all. It seems to be a bug with the 5/5s. It must be an 8.x bug. It used to update the apps percentages and it would display dashes when it was rebooted.

Kazman

Bronze
Dec 27, 2007
This is weird. I have a 6 that reflects the battery usage by apps correctly and resets the usage and standby to dashes when it reboots. I have an iPhone 5s that I just checked and it is not resetting them to dashes after reboots and it is not showing the battery usage by apps correctly after the reboot. It's not updating the app usage at all. It seems to be a bug with the 5/5s. It must be an 8.x bug. It used to update the apps percentages and it would display dashes when it was rebooted.
believe me now???

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
believe me now???
It isn't working properly on my 5s. I think it's a bug. The apps aren't even updating. It used to work fine on the old firmware. I got the dashes and it reflected the battery usage by apps. It stops recording app percentage usage after the reboot. It's pretty messed up.

BobsApple

Nov 9, 2014
San Francisco Bay Area
My I6 will show usage and standby time after a 100 percent charge. If I reboot at anytime, it will show - -for standby and usage.

Not sure why that is. I actually do remember that I could reboot and it would show usage and standby. Perhaps when I upgraded to 8.1.1?

Either way, not a big deal to me

Best

Bob