iPhone 6 Plus, it's really big

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
If the phone is not a comfortable fit in my hand, I won't purchase it. That is the problem I'm having with the 6 Plus. It would be uncomfortable to hold one-handed and is a stretch for the hand.
I felt the same way at first. I vowed I would only buy the iPhone 6. I changed my mind when I thought about how I use my iPhones. I use mine more as a computing device. I rarely use it as a phone or messaging. Everyone will feel differently. I do feel the ideal size for me would have been 5 inches.

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
Sometimes I look at my 6 Plus and say wow, that sucker is huge. But once use to it, it isn't that bad with handling. It really is nice on the eyes with reading and typing.
I've been telling people that (and on this forum) for two years. You get used to the size really quick and usage/productivity goes through the roof.

ITS ME DAVID

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
L.A C.A
Anyone who had a white color 6+ how do u like the screen with the white surrounding it I'm debating should I go white or space grey

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
Anyone who had a white color 6+ how do u like the screen with the white surrounding it I'm debating should I go white or space grey
I saw a white screen in store and did not like it. I like the continuity of black bezel and screen.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
I agree, I wish they would have left it on the top.
they had no choice they had to copy samsung otherwise you would all still be using 4" scree
That's a personal choice but i would go with the darker color, signed batman:)

billnye97

Contributor
Silver
Jun 21, 2007
Cleveland
Mine is going back. Just like the 4.7 better. Its not that the plus is too big just bigger than it needs to be. 4.7 and iPad mini for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm glad I cancelled my Plus order and got the 6 on launch at Best Buy. I went into the Apple Store today to get Applecare for the phone and I handled the Plus and it is to big to be my daily phone. I travel every week to New York for work and a phone that big isn't for me. I use my iPad Air for movies on the plane and the size of the 6 is perfect for me.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
I gold 6+. I personally prefer the white bezel to black after having the iphone 5S in silver/white after yrs of space grey/black

iphone1027

Bronze
Jul 2, 2008
It also depends what you will be doing in the phone. If you're watching a lot of movies, it's better in black.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I've been telling people that (and on this forum) for two years. You get used to the size really quick and usage/productivity goes through the roof.
I got a regular 4.7" iPhone 6. I would have preferred a smaller screen because I can see it perfectly fine on all of the old iPhones, but I have to have the newest one. I'm finding that my hand is getting sore with single-handed usage because of the increased size. Talk about first world problems! Hehe. As a result, I'm using both hands frequently where I would have only used one in the past. The increased screen size is cool for videos; it's just internet and app usage that I'm finding a bit awkward. I'll probably get more accustomed to it with time.

Kriss

Zealot
Silver
Jun 8, 2008
Cape Cod
voyager01.deviantart.com
I have a Galaxy S4 and it's almost uncomfortable to text on because of the size. My IP5 is just about perfect for one hand operation. I haven't ordered either of the sixes yet but I'm leaning towards the straight six. The plus is too much like having a iPad in my opinion. For purposes other than a phone, I'm sure the plus is a nice device. I think people look pretty strange holding a phablet to their ear. I will probably have a similar issue to Europa when I do finally upgrade.

chazm

Contributor
Silver
May 1, 2008
I agree, I wish they would have left it on the top.
You say that now but believe me, if it were still at the top, you would absolutely hate it. The first EVO had it up there and it was brutal. Too big