iPhone 6 Plus not vibrating on incoming calls

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by ednygma, Oct 9, 2014.

1. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I have not seen this asked so I apologize if I missed it (my search of the forums did not uncover it). Love my new 6+ but the phone is not vibrating when getting calls either with volume on or off. I have vibrate on ring and vibrate on silent both on under settings for sound. The vibrate does work for emails/texts/etc, just not for phone calls.

Any ideas what is preventing this?

2. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

Do you the "Vibrate on Ring" setting enabled? It's under Settings, Sounds.

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

They say they do. I'm not sure what could be causing it not to work.

4. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Yes. Both vibrate on ring and on silent are enabled.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using iCafe Forums

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I just tested a call to my iPhone 6+ and it vibrates alerting me of the call. Are you on the latest iOS, not that it would cause the no vibrate issue if not, but..?

6. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Yes I am but thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate any feedback because otherwise I will have to go to Genius Bar

7. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Does it just not vibrate at all but the call still comes through? I had this happen with my iPhone 5 every now and then but not with the iPhone 6/6+.

8. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

It does not vibrate at all on calls and I am missing calls when on silent at work. The vibration for all other notifications works fine. It is just calls that it does not work correctly.

9. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Of course take this very lightly, but on here it mentions to try to reset all settings and then set vibrate on silent again and see. Have a friend or someone call you. If this doesn't help I would talk to Apple.

Resetting all settings doesn't remove anything. I can't recall if it removes known wifi passwords so I would keep those handy.

#9 MoneyMaker79, Oct 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  10. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Well color me stupid but thanks that did the trick. I appreciate the suggestion.

#10 ednygma, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2015
  11. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

No problem. Not stupid. I wouldn't have thought of it for even myself without searching.

12. ckohl83

ckohl83 New Member

This also solves it without having to reset all settings. I was just having this same problem and was able to find an alternative solution.
    Settings>Sounds>Ringtone>Vibration (scroll all the way up to the top within Ringtone) and then pick one if it says "None"

13. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks but I had done that and it did not fix the issue. The reset is what corrected the matter.

14. ckohl83

ckohl83 New Member

Okay, I may have misunderstood your original post then. I too had the settings enabled for both vibrate on ring and vibrate on silent. It wasn't until after I discovered that I had to choose the "type" of vibrating alert that it would actually work.

In fact, I'm still not quite sure as to why you have to scroll up to see the vibrate tones when you open up the ringtone section? You would think that when it opens up that it would automatically be at the top of the page or section.

15. silvermoon

silvermoon Evangelist
    Gold

That is how I would think. It seems backwards to have to scroll up. I like to have all of the options as soon as I open a page.

16. MarcoStraf

MarcoStraf New Member

A big THANK YOU, you just saved me a trip to the Apple Store! I was trying to fix this for months now, I gave up because I was going to change my old iphone 4 and you can imagine my disappointment when I saw the same problem with my new brand new iPhone 6 after I recovered my backup. I figured it was because one of my settings, but to look for the "vibrate" mode under the "ringtone" section really did not occur to me.
    Thanks again.

17. Blanch

Blanch New Member

Did the trick for me on my 6
    Thanks!!! Never knew that was there

18. Ketoone11

Ketoone11 New Member

I was brought to this thread from a Google search, and just wanted to say THANK YOU for this. I was having this exact issue with my iPhone 6+ and seriously just could not figure out what was going wrong (all of the vibrate settings were on) and I was missing a lot of really important calls during class/work. But resetting all settings worked for me!

Thanks a bunch! :)

19. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Paging @chris.

Google works!

20. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help and that it worked for you. :D