iPhone 6 Plus one handed use

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Hinezy, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I just wanted to hear some other people's thoughts on the one handed use of the 6 Plus. I have average sized hands and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to use one handed.
    When I ordered it, I accepted that it would be a two handed device and I was fine with that. I think part of the reason I can use it easily one handed is the fact that I don't use a case. Even the slimmest of cases add a decent amount of size.
    I thought the top corner would be the hardest to reach but for me it's actually the bottom corner. I do occasionally use reachability too.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

2. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

One handed use feature is just ok. but what i wish they would fix would be that everytime you download a new app it places it in the upper left hand corner first. i think it should be placed in the lower instead of the upper. just something i wanted to point out is all.

3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

I had a very tough time managing the iPhone 6 Plus with one hand. I had limited app access and forget navigating within an app. Compared to the iPhone 5S, my productivity went way down. With the 5S, I can easily do just about anything with one hand and I do, often. For me, that was a deal breaker with the iPhone 6 Plus. I can see how it might be a good fit for other people, but it just wasn't for me. There were aspects that I loved. For one, I like the larger viewfinder when taking pictures. It's also fantastic to view photos and videos. For the first time, it felt like the end to end process was in my hands.

I never fell in love with the Reachability feature. For me, it felt like an afterthought.

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

I've always held my iPhones in left hand and texted with right etc.

5. ivantwilliams

ivantwilliams Evangelist
    Gold

I can't do one hand with the iPhone 6 Plus. Even with reachability. I'm still getting used to the device.
    It is massive...

Sent from my iPad using iCafe Forums
    Instagram: naviwilliamsinc
    Twitter: naviwilliams

#5 ivantwilliams, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  6. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

It has gotten a lot better for me using the phone since the beginning of the month. It's not as easy as a 5S but it is manageable.

7. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Did you return the 6 Plus and switch to a 6?

8. AgethaDM

AgethaDM New Member

use one hand when calling, two hands for texting, browsing and gaming :D

9. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

Have any of you used the phone naked? I mean the phone not you! Ha, ha!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

10. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

i always use my phones naked about 90% of the time. but this iphone6 just doesn't work for me naked. it's way too slick. like a wet bar of soap. and even with all my experience from being in the joint, i still can't deal with the slickness of this iphone. so i now use my iphone6 with a very thin clear rubber case that i got from ebay for a like 2.00 makes a world of difference. but i still use my note4 totally naked. no problems with that one.

#10 rom x, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  11. iksn

iksn Member
    Silver

I've had this 6 plus for over 6 weeks totally naked. I haven't used a case for years. I'm not worried about dropping it, but it is a little slick. I'm thinking on it.

12. doppelganger

doppelganger Member
    Bronze

I have the 6+ and it was an adjustment but 1 handed use is fine for me with my current huge UAG folio case (i would guess I'm average size hands for asian). My grip is different than with smaller phones though and it depends on the case in use. It's not a small phone so i don't hold it like a small phone.

If I'm actually gripping the whole phone where my palm is on one edge of the phone and my fingers are holding the other edge, then 1 handed use is a no go. I had to do that with my kinda slippery Spigen tough armor or when using naked. With the UAG folio, I hold differently, in the middle of the phone, with my calluses on the edge of the phone and fingers lying across the back (not all the way over gripping the other edge). If holding with my right hand, I have the folio cover or the textured grills to provide friction against my fingers. And if holding with my left like I normally do, the folio cover area provides more grip than a flat slippery back and the folio edge wedges into my knuckle grove nicely for more grip. And the protection the case gives makes me less worried about accidentally dropping it too (already survived a 5 ft drop onto a hardwood floor).

But mainly I use it two handed. I got two hands, and two handed use feels natural anyway. I did regularly use Newton MessagePads before though so I am used to large devices. lol.

13. bradleyb

bradleyb New Member

I would like to double tap home button and have the keyboard shrink to lower left corner so I can hold one handed and still type with thumb.

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Maybe a jailbreak tweak could accomplish this.

15. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

I'm switching to the plus tomorrow from the 6 seeing the plus is changing my mind

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

16. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

The plus isn't made for one hand use imo the six is easier for that but no way w the plus it's impossible lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

17. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I did it and never looked back! Sold my 64GB 6 on eBay for 742.00 :D

18. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I've had the Golden 6 Plus since launch day. It is fabulous. I've used it one handed and two. It's a little tough sometimes with one, but I get by.

As for using it naked, I haven't had a case on it since I got it. I like to show off its goldenness.

19. Dipsxxy

Dipsxxy Contributor
    Bronze

I did the same thing today.. Changed my 6 to the 6 plus.. Best decision I ever made.. Loving it!!!

20. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

If you leave the bottom row empty it does download the new app at the bottom of the screen.