iPhone 6 Plus portrait to landscape crash!

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Hinezy, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Hinezy

Hinezy Contributor
    Silver

I've been frustrated for a few weeks with a crashing issue! At first I thought it was when playing videos but it turned out it was anytime going from portrait to landscape while in safari. A few seconds after switching it would crash out of safari and into the springboard.
    I was about to make an hour and a half trip to an Apple Store after restoring the device failed to fix it. Finally, I found a post online with a guy who had the same problem and he did go to the Genius Bar. It turns out going into settings, Safari, clear history and website data, fixed it.
    Problem solved! Thought I'd pass it along incase anyone else runs into it!

Sent from my iPhone 5

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I don't consider that a fix. I consider that a workaround. Apple needs to seriously get its poop together.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do we know for sure that updating to the latest firmware and clearing the Safari website data doesn't fix it? If it does, I consider that a fix. Restoring and applying a backup carries these problems over.

4. TRBO VNM

TRBO VNM Member
    Bronze

How do you clear safari website data?

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

All or just some?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

6. TRBO VNM

TRBO VNM Member
    Bronze

I found it in settings, but that didn't fix my issue. iPhone 6 home screen is not switching between portrait and landscape. stays in standard portrait view

Edit: spoke to apple and found out the 6 does not do it on home screen. Only the 6+ even though last week one apple rep said it is an iOS 8 feature and not phone specific. Oh well

#6 TRBO VNM, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2014