iPhone 6 plus upside down

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Does it bother anyone else that the icons will rotate 360° on the home screen. I don't like it, not real fond of the landscape rotation, wish I could turn it off (just the home screen), without going to "zoomed".

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I don't mind it at all and I actually like the landscape orientation, though I usually use portrait for the home screen.

sstalk

Bronze
Mar 25, 2009
Lakeside, CA
I like the rotation. But I've already had several situations where the rotation locked at the wrong orientation. I had to close and reopen it to get the orientation right. 8.0.2 still has several bugs in it. I know they will get it fixed in the next few patches.

Sent using iCafe app

Mrmargatini

Contributor
Bronze
May 27, 2013
Colusa, California
I like the rotation. But I've already had several situations where the rotation locked at the wrong orientation. I had to close and reopen it to get the orientation right. 8.0.2 still has several bugs in it. I know they will get it fixed in the next few patches.

Sent using iCafe app
I kinda don't like it either and yes I have found bugs too. I have been having problems with the camera in portrait

dallasjetfan

Contributor
Bronze
Oct 15, 2011
I don't even like the screen rotating on any iPhone. I leave mine locked and unlock for the occasions that I need it.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I haven't experienced any rotation bugs, but I have ended up using my phone upside down.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I like the rotation, but I hate the bugs. Sometimes my to ration gets locked. Usually when it does that my wallpaper is HUGE and stays HUGE and in the rotated state when the screen goes back to vertical.

My iPhone rotated when I was on a call once and stayed that way even when I right sided it. Then it stayed that way even when I was off the call it just wouldn't go back to the correct position so I cut it off and cut it back on and it came on correctly but that pissed me off a bit. They have some bugs to work out for sure.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I like the rotation, but I hate the bugs. Sometimes my to ration gets locked. Usually when it does that my wallpaper is HUGE and stays HUGE and in the rotated state when the screen goes back to vertical.

My iPhone rotated when I was on a call once and stayed that way even when I right sided it. Then it stayed that way even when I was off the call it just wouldn't go back to the correct position so I cut it off and cut it back on and it came on correctly but that pissed me off a bit. They have some bugs to work out for sure.
My rotation gets locked in Safari pretty often. If I want it in landscape mode, then rotate to landscape mode. Don't make me gyrate the phone until it turns.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
My rotation gets locked in Safari pretty often. If I want it in landscape mode, then rotate to landscape mode. Don't make me gyrate the phone until it turns.
Yeah, I hear you. It gets to be a bit much with the gyration. No one really should have to do that and the remedy of cutting the iPhone off and then back on is not a viable solution at all.

Apple, please issue a fix ASAP! Thanks.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
Does it bother anyone else that the icons will rotate 360° on the home screen. I don't like it, not real fond of the landscape rotation, wish I could turn it off (just the home screen), without going to "zoomed".
I have used my friend's 6 plus for a couple of days and prefer landscape orientation especially while chatting. The keyboard becomes big and ease to type.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I have used my friend's 6 plus for a couple of days and prefer landscape orientation especially while chatting. The keyboard becomes big and ease to type.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
Yeah, I use it for some apps, I'm talking about the home screen.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I just found this thread, glad to know I am not the only one having rotation issues with the 6+. I hope Apple does something about this soon. I like landscape mode but it always gets stuck there or upside down.
Tom

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I just found this thread, glad to know I am not the only one having rotation issues with the 6+. I hope Apple does something about this soon. I like landscape mode but it always gets stuck there or upside down.
Tom
Haven't had any orientation issues in iOS 8.1 Beta 2.

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
Ya Im not really wanting to install the beta on my 6 plus yet....
Tom

missygal

Zealot
Silver
Jul 2, 2010
I think it's kind of annoying!

GreigCo

Dec 12, 2014
iOS 8.1 Beta 2 downloading now ?? :oops:

sent from my iPhone 6 using tapatalk 4 beta