iPhone 6 Plus using the wrong language in some native apps' strings

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by nfshp253, Oct 17, 2014.

1. nfshp253

nfshp253 New Member

I've once changed my iPhone language to French but have since changed it back to English (UK) and now the location descriptions in the Photos app are all in French and I can't use Apple Maps at all since everything I type in a non-French format doesn't work. For example, if I want to type in John Street it doesn't work anymore as I'll have to use rue de John or something like that.

Another thing is in official Apple emails to my account, instead of having the Cupertino address at the bottom of the email, it now says S.à.r.l 31-33, rue Sainte Zithe, L-2763 Luxembourg.

Can someone help me with this problem? The apps are correctly displayed in English, but strangely some texts are still in French. I have ensured that everything from region settings to language settings are all in English. I have also removed French from the Preferred Language Order section. iCloud is in English too.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

In your language & region part of settings, do you only have one language as an option or have you included more?

3. nfshp253

nfshp253 New Member

There's English (U.K.) and English

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

5. nfshp253

nfshp253 New Member

There's no International, it's only Language & Region on iOS 8 it seems.