iPhone 6 Rechargeable Battery Pack

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by uscardcode, Jun 6, 2015.

1. uscardcode

uscardcode New Member

Hi all,

Do you have any recommendations of a good iPhone/iPad battery juice pack?

It can be separate or detachable to the device (it has to real capacity battery because i usually move a lot)

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks all

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

5. uscardcode

uscardcode New Member

Thanks all I will get one.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Get 'em all. You can never have enough chargers.

7. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

Decent charger packs are almost cheaper than Apple cables. The AmazonBasics Portable Power Bank comes in 2,000, 3,000, 5,600 and 10,000 mAh, starting at $9.99, and the 10,000 mAh is only $29.99.

8. Levendi001

Levendi001 New Member

Highly recommend anker battery packs

9. Levendi001

Levendi001 New Member

Anker estro my go to

10. Mathew Connelly

Bronze

I got myICE external battery charger with 8,5000 mAh for my birthday two years ago and still does the job. For what it is, it can hold approximately twice my iPhone 5 charge. After seeing the solar charged ZeroLemon, I think I am up for an upgrade. Can it be fully charged by solar only (for example on a bright sunny day)?

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I've heard they charge very slowly with the solar panels. Personally, I think they are kinda gimmicky. I'm not sure I'd want to subject a large battery to hours of direct sunlight or heat anyway. I don't think they need direct sunlight, but the charging rate would probably be even slower in the shade. In an emergency, you could use it get enough charge to make a quick call (if you had a signal), but who carries a large charger with them? I use one at home and on planes, etc., but my everyday carry charger is small and lightweight.

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Forget the solar charging. I have the ZeroLemon. It has fantastic battery capacity, but the solar charger is a gimmick. It would take a couple of weeks to recharge your phone with the solar option.

13. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

I have tried using an external battery pack that I picked up at a trade show. It is rated at 2200mAh, and looks like a large lipstick case. It will charge my completely discharged iPhone 6 to around 55% before running out of juice, which is fine for topping off when the low battery notice is displayed at 20%. But if you want to be able to fully charge youriphone 6, or charge it more than once from a portable external battery, you'll need something more substantial, with at least a 5000 mAh rating.

For me, the size of the 2200mAh charger makes it ideal for a top off charge to guarantee getting through a day of heavy device usage.

-rb

14. 4sYido

4sYido New Member

I have an Anker case.

Highly recommended.

Charges my phone from 20% to 100% in just over an hour.

15. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Also, check SlickDeals.net. Great deals on these battery packs are posted often on there. Anker seems to be a very popular brand.

16. B89rent89

B89rent89 Member
    Bronze

JUMP cable from Native Union. 800mAh. Fits in a watch pocket. Plug your phone into it while it's charging. Approx. 3 hours of talk time.