iPhone 6 release date?

jafundy

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Any ideas when the iPhone 6 will be released? Some suspected after the first of the year. Others say mid summer. Haven't seen much lately. I'm holding out for a larger screen. Not enough on 5s to encourage me to upgrade.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I just saw online "September 2014, we'd have thought," but of course all of the dates for now are rumors.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I haven't seen anything yet, but if I had to guess it would be September, 2014. Apple seems to have shifted to fall releases for the iPhone. WWDC is in early June and that's where developers first get their hands on a beta of the latest software. Next year should be no different with the release of iOS 8. If Apple were planning to release a new big-screen iPhone 6, they'd want the latest and greatest software on it. If a beta drops in early June, when would it be ready?

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
I haven't seen anything yet, but if I had to guess it would be September, 2014. Apple seems to have shifted to fall releases for the iPhone. WWDC is in early June and that's where developers first get their hands on a beta of the latest software. Next year should be no different with the release of iOS 8. If Apple were planning to release a new big-screen iPhone 6, they'd want the latest and greatest software on it. If a beta drops in early June, when would it be ready?
I would guess August-September. September if and only if the beta takes longer than normal.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Any ideas when the iPhone 6 will be released? Some suspected after the first of the year. Others say mid summer. Haven't seen much lately. I'm holding out for a larger screen. Not enough on 5s to encourage me to upgrade.
Apple is usually pretty predictable with iPhone launch months. It will most likely be September or October.

Dec 1, 2013
i hope the 6 will be amazing one, cz the 5s doesn't give us anything extremely new except for being fast than the 5 and mny others smart phones

Sent from my iPhone using

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
At work today someone just told me about a rumor they read that said the iPhone 6 with be a 6" screen and will be out in March.

I laughed with my inside voice, but in my head I was howling! Rumors, you gotta love em'!