iPhone 6+ returns soaring!

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Cjvdh, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

I just thought this is interesting and wanted to bring it up my local AT&T store only received stock of about (5) of the plus models and I believe 50 or 60 of the regular 6 models. They sold out by friday night of everything and all 5 of plus models were sold within the first 4 minutes of them being open all to the 5 people who were waiting in front of me at the local store. I settled for the 6 and it's actually growing on me and I keep asking myself do I really need a 6+ or do I just want it so I can say I have it ... that remains to be seen. I got a message from the at&t store manager a close friend of mine roughly 3-4 hours after they opened and he told me that 3 people had already returned there 6+ models ... I asked if I could come in an swap out my 6 for a plus and he told me he couldn't do it for obvious reasons. I think majority of people bought into all the hype to seem "cool" and then realized that it wasn't practical for them. So what are you guys thoughts?

2. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

It was a tough decision, but I ended up passing on the 6 Plus. I need to swing by Best Buy to pick up a case for my 6 and I'll get my first look at a 6 Plus. I am fairly active and I didn't want to take the chance of fumbling the 6 Plus during a hike and dropping it down the side of the mountain. I am very pleased with the 6.

3. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

I wasn't sure when I was waiting at Best Buy on launch day and they made the decision for me by not having any of the plus' on ATT. I went today with my wife to the Apple Store because I had to return a 6 Plus case that came when I ordered it online and I needed to buy Applecare for the 6. I got some hands on time with it in the store and I believe I made the right decision. With the 6 I can use it reasonably well with one hand but the plus there was no way. I also travel for work and use my phone a lot and I don't think the Plus would have been practical. It was fun to use in the store but for me the 6 was the best choice.

4. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I got the 6 plus and it is a big device but we all new that it's a great size for me as I always use two hands when typing anyway and with this gorgeous screen movies are a dream to watch I'm happy I went with the 6 plus.

5. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

Yeah it was a tough decision for me as well I think at this point the only way I would return my current 6 model for a plus it would have to be a 64GB as I think 128GB is a bit much and I will never use all that storage and as far as the color goes for me it doesn't really matter the space gray is my favorite followed by gold and then silver. I was just a bit taken back by the overall size of the phone and I personally am a "take my phone everywhere" person just like everyone else probably however I just think the plus would be too much for me however I am going to use the 6 for the next week and if I start feeling like it's not enough or I want more I may make the switch. Currently though I am VERY please with the iP6 model.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm not scared of a 5.5" inch phone with big bezels. Bring it on.

7. aggieman

aggieman Zealot
    Gold

I like big bezels and I cannot lie...

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • List
  8. aggieman

aggieman Zealot
    Gold

I have the 6 right now but thinking of buying a plus and selling the 6 or returning it if the plus comes within my return period. 1080p screen, larger battery, OIS, and extra screen space seal the deal for me. I do love the size of the 6 though. Shrink the bezel a bit and increase the screen size and battery size and I might choose it over the plus.

9. applejosh

applejosh Member
    Bronze

I think we'll see a few returns, but really, unless we have a complete picture, what we hear is just anecdotal evidence. I think by not being able to see/handle the phones prior to the pre-order will probably contribute. We may not see as many returns on the 6 because if it's too big, there's really no new model that you can downsize to. I bought the Plus (after making some mock ups out of cardboard), and it is a large phone. But I do love the screen, and I'm not much of a txt and walk kind of person, so typing with two hands is something I frequently do anyway. We'll see how it goes this week when using it for work, but I'm leaning towards keeping it. The larger screen works for me and my aging eyes.

10. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

If the Plus would have been about the same size as the LG3 I would have gone with the Plus.

11. Ddrumbum

Ddrumbum Member
    Bronze

I have the 6+ and I have to say, I absolutely love it! The phone is large, but very comfortable to handle, and fits in my pocket great! The screen is simply stunning, the battery life is also quite amazing(currently I unplugged it at 6am, and right now at 7:35, and after using it all day long, movies, games, web and just playing around, I still have 40%)the extra landscape, a several other benefits, just made it a no brainier for me! I absolutely love my 6+

12. dallasjetfan

dallasjetfan Contributor
    Bronze

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I thnk "soaring" is a bit hyperbolic based on anecdotal stories.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. aggieman

aggieman Zealot
    Gold

Can't argue that. Had the G3 and loved it but sent it packing to make room for the 6 and Note 4 (or Oneplus One). LG really has nailed it when it comes to screen/bezel ratio. Only issues I had was lag here and there possibly due to the qhd screen and occasional overheating.

15. Deke736

Deke736 Member
    Bronze

I was just thinking the exact same thing!

16. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I love the 6 Plus too but then I don't use it much as a phone. I like having it also as a backup for my iPad Mini. Ordered my 'man-purse' on Amazon. LOL

17. col.bris

col.bris New Member

Let's try not to dramatize bits and pieces of what you read The title of this thread is really incorrect In majority of cases returns are based on incorrect decisions by the buyer no different to buying any thing else. Impulse buyers are the worst If one researches the different models and tries before one buys it resolves returns.

18. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

I think the title of the thread is perfect just from what I have seen and heard myself .... I do think josh is right though a lot of the returns probably came from people who didn't use the cutouts and possibly mis judged the size of the device because it's massive.

19. Cjvdh

Cjvdh Zealot
    Gold

If it makes you feel better you can take out the word "soaring" in the title.

20. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

It's good to know about all the issues with the LG. I have an S3 for work and I would love the additional realestate on the Note 4 so I could leave my work laptop behind when I am out of the office.