iPhone 6 (running beta iOS 10.0) is apparently sending a repeat text to one person?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by musicmanmu, Aug 19, 2016.

1. musicmanmu

musicmanmu Member
    Bronze

Last week, I responded to a group text (about 14-18 folks in a round-robin tennis group). Since then, one of the people in that text has told me she is getting that same text message every few hours. This has apparently been happening for 4 days now.

I updated to the newer Beta, but it is still occurring apparently (I have no proof, only what she's telling me).

Could this be the Beta 10.0? Something else? This has never happened to me before, so I don't really know how to go about troubleshooting it short of resetting my phone.

Thanks for any help!

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I haven't seen this on any of my iMessage group activity. If you have a contact card for that person, delete it. Then create a new card. If there is no contact card, create one.

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Have you tried deleting the offending text message on your thread in the Messages app?

4. musicmanmu

musicmanmu Member
    Bronze

Thanks guys - it turns out that it was the other person's phone causing the issue. But she insisted for days prior that it wasn't. False alarm in the end!