iPhone 6 serenity and surrealism

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Kind of an odd surrealism here.

Usually lots of negative threads commenting on (perceived) minimal hardware update this time of year. Guess when you introduce 2 new models that dramatically increase screen real estate, an all new design AND the standard camera/chip advances, the only thing to be negative about is subjective; the new design itself.

Also finding an odd (an unusual for me :D ) sense of serenity here on pre-order day.

When I do upgrade, its always dependent on what I can get for our old devices, scrambling to list them online, managing payments made for old devices to ensure I have them on launch day, and ensuring I have enough to cover taxes and accessories for the models I'm after.

I've never been in a position to pre-order online (which still seems problematic to many) or in store.

I did "pre-order" on the 4S launch, but that was only buying a gift card to secure a device, which I had to then camp for.

With my carrier offering to even pay sales tax on this launch, it really opened things up for us...

sprint.JPG

I'm sitting here certain I'm getting 2 iPhone 6+'s on launch day, and not stressing on selling my 5.

Ahh, sweet serenity....:D

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

Usually lots of negative threads commenting on (perceived) minimal hardware update this time of year. Guess when you introduce 2 new models that dramatically increase screen real estate, an all new design AND the standard camera/chip advances, the only thing to be negative about is subjective; the new design itself.

Also finding an odd (an unusual for me :D ) sense of serenity here on pre-order day.

When I do upgrade, its always dependent on what I can get for our old devices, scrambling to list them online, managing payments made for old devices to ensure I have them on launch day, and ensuring I have enough to cover taxes and accessories for the models I'm after.

I've never been in a position to pre-order online (which still seems problematic to many) or in store.

I did "pre-order" on the 4S launch, but that was only buying a gift card to secure a device, which I had to then camp for.

With my carrier offering to even pay sales tax on this launch, it really opened things up for us...

View attachment 38116

I'm sitting here certain I'm getting 2 iPhone 6+'s on launch day, and not stressing on selling my 5.

Ahh, sweet serenity....:D
So are you doing Sprint's version of Next with monthly installments?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Who is your carrier? 'Cause if it's possible to accomplish this via AT&T, then it's going to influence my decision on which method of ordering I will use. Also, did your carrier simply offer you this, or did you ask if they could do it for you?

The second order on your photo mentions that you ordered an iPhone 6 Plus Gold 64 GB "kit." What does that mean? Are they sending you a kit containing a bunch of parts that you will have to assemble yourself in order to end up with an iPhone? Is it a DIY project? :D

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Who is your carrier? 'Cause if it's possible to accomplish this via AT&T, then it's going to influence my decision on which method of ordering I will use. Also, did your carrier simply offer you this, or did you ask if they could do it for you?
Sprint
Believe it's similar to Next, but not with unlimited txt, talk and data for just 50 bucks...:D

The second order on your photo mentions that you ordered an iPhone 6 Plus Gold 64 GB "kit." What does that mean? Are they sending you a kit containing a bunch of parts that you will have to assemble yourself in order to end up with an iPhone? Is it a DIY project? :D
It's actually a small section of the production line from the Chinese iPhone plant.
I will be cranking theses babies out in no time :D

mbairguy

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 8, 2012
Birmingham, AL
I'm also experiencing an odd kind of serenity considering my 1 Oct - 6 Oct delivery dates. I think there may be something wrong with me.
How much you want to bet you get it on 9/19? Have you looked at the satellite heat signature of Chengdu?? (although the grey market for an iPhone 6 is currently $4,870) so none of us may get one for awhile...)

Sent using iCafe app

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
How much you want to bet you get it on 9/19? Have you looked at the satellite heat signature of Chengdu?? (although the grey market for an iPhone 6 is currently $4,870) so none of us may get one for awhile...)

Sent using iCafe app
It doesn't matter. If it did arrive on the 19h, it would be in Maryland and I'll be on vacation in Utah.