iPhone 6 serenity and surrealism

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by snowtrooper1966, Sep 12, 2014.

1. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Kind of an odd surrealism here.

Usually lots of negative threads commenting on (perceived) minimal hardware update this time of year. Guess when you introduce 2 new models that dramatically increase screen real estate, an all new design AND the standard camera/chip advances, the only thing to be negative about is subjective; the new design itself.

Also finding an odd (an unusual for me :D ) sense of serenity here on pre-order day.

When I do upgrade, its always dependent on what I can get for our old devices, scrambling to list them online, managing payments made for old devices to ensure I have them on launch day, and ensuring I have enough to cover taxes and accessories for the models I'm after.

I've never been in a position to pre-order online (which still seems problematic to many) or in store.

I did "pre-order" on the 4S launch, but that was only buying a gift card to secure a device, which I had to then camp for.

With my carrier offering to even pay sales tax on this launch, it really opened things up for us...

sprint.JPG

I'm sitting here certain I'm getting 2 iPhone 6+'s on launch day, and not stressing on selling my 5.

Ahh, sweet serenity....:D

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'm also experiencing an odd kind of serenity considering my 1 Oct - 6 Oct delivery dates. I think there may be something wrong with me.

3. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

911 call an ambulance

4. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Serenity now...serenity now :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

This is my Serenity.

serenity-movie-blu-ray-cover-mq-01.jpg

6. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Nothing Ike chanting woosaa over and over

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

So are you doing Sprint's version of Next with monthly installments?

8. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

I think I am going to watch this today. But I don't have the blu ray version.

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Who is your carrier? 'Cause if it's possible to accomplish this via AT&T, then it's going to influence my decision on which method of ordering I will use. Also, did your carrier simply offer you this, or did you ask if they could do it for you?

The second order on your photo mentions that you ordered an iPhone 6 Plus Gold 64 GB "kit." What does that mean? Are they sending you a kit containing a bunch of parts that you will have to assemble yourself in order to end up with an iPhone? Is it a DIY project? :D

10. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Yeppers

11. snowtrooper1966

Gold

Sprint
    Believe it's similar to Next, but not with unlimited txt, talk and data for just 50 bucks...:D

It's actually a small section of the production line from the Chinese iPhone plant.
    I will be cranking theses babies out in no time :D

12. mbairguy

mbairguy Contributor
    Bronze

How much you want to bet you get it on 9/19? Have you looked at the satellite heat signature of Chengdu?? (although the grey market for an iPhone 6 is currently $4,870) so none of us may get one for awhile...)

Sent using iCafe app

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It doesn't matter. If it did arrive on the 19h, it would be in Maryland and I'll be on vacation in Utah.