iPhone 6+ touch screen unresponsive

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by dubgixxer02, Jul 27, 2015.

1. dubgixxer02

dubgixxer02 New Member

The past week or so I started to notice sometimes when I unlock phone and go to do something, answer a text or whatever it may be my phone would unlock but be unresponsive to any touch input. cursors would blink if text was open but couldn't type or scroll or tap to open anything. Home button would take me home or can bring up task switcher. A respring by holding power and home button until shuts off and logo comes on helped but problem would keep coming back, I finally updated the i0s to 8.4 I was on 8.1 jailbroken figured maybe that was the issue, I did the restore and update fresh as new no back up loaded, same issue persists. help its annoying.

#1 dubgixxer02, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2015
  2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

This has also happened to me every now and then, but no more. When you did the fresh restore as new no backup, did you then jailbreak and notice it, or you also noticed it being an issue when not jailbroken?

3. dubgixxer02

dubgixxer02 New Member

nope left it unjailbroken for the moment but still having the weird unresponsiveness here and there upon a unlock, even disabled touch id to see if that might be the cause but still had it happen

4. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You'll be happy to know that it's not just you. I just read elsewhere that someone else was able to get their iPhone 6+ replaced through the Apple Store due to unresponsiveness issues.

I've had this issue as well, but not anymore. I can't recall if it was due to a jailbreak flaw or not.

5. dubgixxer02

dubgixxer02 New Member

hope I can, I have applestore appointment for this Thursday.

6. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

That's good. Maybe someone here can also help you, but you have done what's good so far, and that's restoring to factory without backup and you're still noticing unresponsiveness. Here's a question. Is it permanent or only for 10-20 seconds? Looks like you answered that already. It's permanent until you respring/reboot?

7. dubgixxer02

dubgixxer02 New Member

Yes I can unlock and she its unresponsive if let phone sit for 10-20sec it will become normal I usually lock and unlock until it works though lol it's frustrating

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Restore the device to factory settings in iTunes on a computer. This cannot be done from phone itself the Settings app. If this problem continues after the iTunes factory restore, Apple will replace the phone at your appointment on Thursday. Be sure to make a backup prior to restoring. You can use it when you get the new phone.

9. dubgixxer02

dubgixxer02 New Member

Yes was restored and upgraded to 8.4 from jailbroken 8.1 on newest iTunes update on my windows pc thanks

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Just to clarify, when you restored in iTunes did you select "Set up as a new phone" and enter in all of your settings again or did you use your backup?

11. dubgixxer02

dubgixxer02 New Member

Yes restore fresh no back up and no iCloud back upon setting up after the restore and yes selected set up as new phone

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Alright, that's all you can do. Apple should replace it at your appointment.

13. dubgixxer02

dubgixxer02 New Member

update, app store checked my phone out and decided to replace the screen so far so good

14. dubgixxer02

dubgixxer02 New Member

well, the screen/phone started acting up again in the same manor restore no help again so back to the apple store I go, this time better be a new phone.