iPhone 6 - What would you like to see

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rom x

Zealot
Gold
Jan 18, 2011
ok so it's oct 1 and it's over a week since the iPhone5 has been released. so what would like to see added in the new iPhone for 2013?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
OK here it goes some possible some not
like always I want better camera
faster faster faster
thinner thinner thinner
COLORS
A phonestrap Attachment loop
waterproof/shock/scratch proof
Holographic keyboard
Screen improvments
and some other software related items like
Siri improvements
Map improvments (for all those whiners)

theorioles33

Evangelist
Silver
Jul 21, 2007
USA
My biggest wish to Santa would not be hardware related. I would just like the ability to install apps from external sources. Basically, we would not need a jailbreak anymore. Install Cydia and run!

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
microsd slot
file manager access (without jailbreaking)
more camera options in native app similar to One X or Galaxy S3
widgets on home screen
options to have wifi/bluetooth/gps/airplane mode, etc. toggles in notification center

The iPhone 5 is a great device. It really has whittled my list of issues down from what it used to be. I thought there was no way in hell anything could get me to give up my GS3 but I'm finding myself reaching for it less and less.

Geo

Bronze
Mar 9, 2008
I'd like to see....
NFC (Near Field Communications)
Micro SD slot (doubling the capacity instantly would be helpful)
screen which goes from edge to edge. (thereby increasing width of viewable screen without increasing width of phone.)

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
I'd like to see....
NFC (Near Field Communications)
Micro SD slot (doubling the capacity instantly would be helpful)
screen which goes from edge to edge. (thereby increasing width of viewable screen without increasing width of phone.)
I forgot NFC. Yes..this is a must.
microSD is the biggest for me. I like being able to swap files between my tablets and GS3. Would like to have that capability with the iPhone.

medenblik

Contributor
Silver
Mar 25, 2010
iRealSMS..so i can respond and send texts from lockscreen or wherever....so i don't have to go to message screen to respond to texts...

make longer and stronger VIBE....

better way to clear out apps....

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The 5 seems to be water resistant and less likely to break than the 4S when dropped, but I'd like to see this improve even more. Then I'd like to see an A7 processor and even better camera optics. I'm happy with an 8 megapixel on a phone.

The rest of my suggestions are for 7.0. I'd like settings toggles, quick reply and quick send for messages, a download manager, user agent changer, and task switcher enhancements such as a setting to turn the X on by default. Root access isn't going to happen, so I won't even ask.

And of course, I'd like to request a toothpaste dispenser on the 5S for Napoleon.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
The 5 seems to be water resistant and less likely to break than the 4S when dropped, but I'd like to see this improve even more. Then I'd like to see an A7 processor and even better camera optics. I'm happy with an 8 megapixel on a phone.

The rest of my suggestions are for 7.0. I'd like settings toggles, quick reply and quick send for messages, a download manager, user agent changer, and task switcher enhancements such as a setting to turn the X on by default. Root access isn't going to happen, so I won't even ask.

And of course, I'd like to request a toothpaste dispenser on the 5S for Napoleon.
I agree wholeheartedly with all the bolded items.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
ok so it's oct 1 and it's over a week since the iPhone5 has been released. so what would like to see added in the new iPhone for 2013?
iPhone 6 will be called iPhone 5S, that's my prediction. Also it will look the same, it may or may not have a gimmick like NFC or something like that. I also predict that I'll be buying it over any other phone on the market :)

thevlad

Bronze
Oct 12, 2011
iRealSMS..so i can respond and send texts from lockscreen or wherever....so i don't have to go to message screen to respond to texts...

make longer and stronger VIBE....

better way to clear out apps....
There is an option for custom vibration now In ios6 so you can make it pretty long