iPhone 6S 64GB vs 128GB: Which should I order?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by michael180, Sep 18, 2015.

1. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

I ordered a 6S for pickup at the local Apple store. When I was reviewing my reservation I noticed that I mistakenly ordere the 64gig, I meant to order the 128gig. And I can't undo it. With all that happening with iCloud. I'm wondering if I even need the 128.

Any comments?

2. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Go big, or go home!! (says someone who consistently buys the middle model, aka, the 64 GB model at this time.

Quite frankly, if it's GOLD, it doesn't matter what size the storage is.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think you'll be just fine with 64 GB. I ordered a 128 this year, but I've never used more than 40 GB on a phone so I probably won't use the extra space. The pictures will be bigger and we can do 4K video recording on the 6s, but as long as you don't tons of 4K video managing it should be no problem at all. Most people could even get away with 32 GB pretty easily on this phone if Apple still offered it. You might not even have a 4K computer or TV screen to view them on like I don't, so you wouldn't need it anyway. The only one I don't recommend is the 16 GB.

4. michael180

michael180 Zealot
    Gold

If I could change the reservation I would, but I'm stuck with the 64 if I want it Friday. My 6 is a 128, and I'm using 80GB. Thanks for the advice.

5. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

Most of the time at the local stores you can change it if you get there early enough!

6. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

If your a gamer and take video get the 128. Many of the newer games are over 1GB in size, a trend that will continue as the processing and graphics continue to get better. Video and especially 4K video will eat space as well. My 6 is a 64 and i'll be getting the 128gb 6s for those reasons.

~S

7. Zzz

Zzz Contributor
    Bronze

WOW!!! using 80GB.

8. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

That's actually pretty easy these days. Especially for me since I have Amazon Prime and they now allow you to download any Prime movies/TV shows to your device.

9. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

If you don't open it, you can try taking it to the Apple Store to exchange it. I won a 16GB iPad Air, and took it straight to the Apple Store, turned it in and paid $100 to upgrade it to 32GB. They even let me change it from a Silver unit to Space Gray. They just verified that the serial number was not reported as stolen.

But keep in mind that there will be really high demand for all new iPhone 6S, and their stock may be limited. Also, their priority is to get as many people's new iPhone purchases completed as possible, so you may not be given the same priority. But definitely ask them BEFORE you stand in a long line at the store. You don't want to walk the line for hours only to find out they won't let you exchange it until mid-October, or when they have better inventory flow!