iPhone 6s iPhone 6s & 6s Plus Pre-order and Tracking

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I never instructed or authorized to leave it.

All is good now. My GF's daughter came home from school and put it in her backpack. Package is now secure. I repeat, package is now secure. lol
Spoke to my buddy in California last night. He said that phones shipped by Apple are never allowed to be left without a signature, but some of the carriers have signed the release.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Spoke to my buddy in California last night. He said that phones shipped by Apple are never allowed to be left without a signature, but some of the carriers have signed the release.
If carriers are signing off, that could be a big liability. I guess ATT feels my area is safe.

luvit!

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
I have been quietly stalking the forms. I placed my order through AT&T at 12:07 Pacific time on order day, but got a Oct 18-25th ship date, so been sulking and stalking trying to not be impatient to get my 6S+ Rose Gold 64. BUT I just received a tracking number from AT&T! Cheers! Here's to MONDAY!

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
For those who got a shipping date in early/mid-October, take heart. Last launch folks (like me) had their shipping dates bumped up. With Apple shipping in new supply daily I think a lot of folks will be pleasantly surprised with their shiny new kit sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Mommy and Rafagon

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I set up my new iPhone 6S 64 GB and have some offers on my iPhone 6. People interested in buying the phone keep asking whether or not the phone is unlocked and would like to meet at a Verizon store to make sure the phone is unlocked when I turn it over. When I ported my number over to AT&T, my Verizon account was deleted. It's still showing LTE on the network and I also erased all content and settings to restore the phone back to factory settings. I thought any 4G LTE device on Verizon was already unlocked.

Does anyone know how the process works?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I set up my new iPhone 6S 64 GB and have some offers on my iPhone 6. People interested in buying the phone keep asking whether or not the phone is unlocked and would like to meet at a Verizon store to make sure the phone is unlocked when I turn it over. When I ported my number over to AT&T, my Verizon account was deleted. It's still showing LTE on the network and I also erased all content and settings to restore the phone back to factory settings. I thought any 4G LTE device on Verizon was already unlocked.

Does anyone know how the process works?
The Verizon iPhone 6 is sold GSM factory unlocked. It will work on AT&T, T-Mobile and any other worldwide GSM network. It will not work on Sprint. It's fine if they want to meet at Verizon for proof of this, but you could also meet them anywhere else and have them put their SIM card in it for verification that their network is compatible.

Reactions: silvermoon

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
For those who got a shipping date in early/mid-October, take heart. Last launch folks (like me) had their shipping dates bumped up. With Apple shipping in new supply daily I think a lot of folks will be pleasantly surprised with their shiny new kit sooner rather than later.
You were so right, man! The ship date range that I was quoted when I placed the order on 9/23:
Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 3.10.41 PM.png

I was quite sure that would improve, but not as much as it did!

Just a little while ago I received the "Your items are on their way!" e-mail from AT&T, along with a tracking number.

It's supposed to get here this Tuesday. :) :D

omw.jpg

47seijar

Zealot
Bronze
Oct 6, 2012
Denville, NJ
With a 2-year contract extension I can get the 128GB 6s Plus for $499. I can sell my current 6 128GB for close to that (it's mint) on Swappa, so for the price of a book of stamps I can move up to the big dog 6s Plus. I don't worry about the contract extension because I need Verizon anyway and I'm happy with them. I want to hang onto my 6 for a couple weeks though, just in case there is a problem with the new phone. That may knock another $25 or so off my resale value, but so be it.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
FedEx just dropped mine off. Restoring from backup now, and going to pack up the old one to send to iCracked. He knocked on my door and ran back to his truck. Didn't have to sign. He put it between door and storm door. Fine with that, even if I wasn't home.

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting. Hope you get yours soon!

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Received my iPhone 6s Plus ,16 GB! :) Love it so far!

Live Photos move whenever they feel like it, and Live Wallpapers even less so. I guess I'll figure it out soon enough. I have to update to iOS 9.0.1 and set up apps right now.

Fingerprint unlock is lightning fast.

Words With Friends me! — Rafagon
Game Center me! — Rafagon

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
I just got an email notifying me of the Rose Gold 6s Plus 64gb has shipped. It was originally scheduled to be delivered towards the end of October but I should be getting it in the next couple of days. FedEx doesn't have the tracking updated yet but I have a tracking number.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Received my iPhone 6s Plus ,16 GB! :) Love it so far!

Live Photos move whenever they feel like it, and Live Wallpapers even less so. I guess I'll figure it out soon enough. I have to update to iOS 9.0.1 and set up apps right now.

Fingerprint unlock is lightning fast.

Words With Friends me! — Rafagon
Game Center me! — Rafagon
@Rafagon :laugh2:OMG! CONGRATS!! I'm sooo happy you got your iPhone 6s Plus early!:ROFLMAO: I know it feels good not waiting anymore. This is an unexpected turn of events for all who have had their dates moved up by weeks. WOW!!! :D

CONGRATS AGAIN!

Reactions: Rafagon

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
I wonder if sales were weaker than expected? Would that be why it seems there's no shortage of the new s model?

Reactions: Mommy

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I wonder if sales were weaker than expected? Would that be why it seems there's no shortage of the new s model?
I was thinking that myself. It's just weird that so many people who were quoted an October/November ship date have their iPhones now. Even when I went to BestBuy with my sister on Saturday they had a gang of iPhone 6s/6s Pluses in stock. The only one they ran out of was the iPhone 6s in rose gold. Other than that they had an entire cabinet full of these new iPhones.

I suppose a lot of people decided to either pass on this one or just wait for the 7.

Nevertheless, CONGRATS to everyone who had a late ship date and are experiencing the euphoria:ROFLMAO: of getting their iPhone 6s/6s Pluses now!