iPhone 6s/6s Plus vs. every iPhone ever

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Rafagon, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

#1 Rafagon, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  2. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

If I had to hazard a guess, it's spending more time loading 3x assets from flash instead of 2x.

I like to look back on things and see how far we've come. I have the OG iPhone as well, and it's still rocking iOS 2.0. (I wanted to downgrade it to 1.0 to see how things were in the beginning, but couldn't figure out the right combination )

It can't load up The Verge anymore, but for a while that was my favorite comparison. Thing took soooo long to load, and to rotate the screen after it was loaded.

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

The automatic screen rotate was a PITA before the orientation lock was implemented. It would rotate on me and annoy the crap out of me, usually when trying to read a website in bed.

I remember the times when watching a YouTube video was next to impossible unless you were on Wi-Fi.

It's hard to believe the RAM has increased sixteenfold since the first iPhone. I'm rather excited about the future of this product. :)

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A rotation lock was one of the perks of jailbreaking back then. I remember sending feedback to Apple every month requesting a (stock) rotation lock and explaining how you could not used an iPhone while lying on your side in bed without it. I can't imagine how many other people had to be requesting it along with me, yet iOS 3 still came out without one. :confused: It wasn't until iOS 4 that Apple finally realized a rotation lock would improve the user experience and added this feature that was incredibly simple to implement.